AARP Discontinuing Rewards for Good

It was bound to end with everybody and their third cousins taking advantage without membership.i got what I need so it don't matter.im not a carnival fan probably won't cruise with them after this last one.

13 minutes ago, scpirate said:

It was bound to end with everybody and their third cousins taking advantage without membership.i got what I need so it don't matter.im not a carnival fan probably won't cruise with them after this last one.

They have RCI cards too.

23 minutes ago, naxer said:

I'm having lots of trouble putting in a gift card order.  I wonder if it's crashing?

Too late to edit my post.  It turns out I just had to buy my gift cards 2 at a time.   Now I'll be paying off my cruise a bit earlier than I thought.

2 hours ago, PrincessPatti said:

Replacing it with AARP Rewards.  You will have until August 20 to use your points, or you lose them.  I was hoping that it wasn’t true as I couldn’t find anything on-line, then someone sent me this:

https://campaigns.aarp.org/rewardsforgood/

Thank you very much for sharing this info and link with us.  

39 minutes ago, naxer said:

Too late to edit my post.  It turns out I just had to buy my gift cards 2 at a time.   Now I'll be paying off my cruise a bit earlier than I thought.

Naxer - Thanks for giving the heads up on being limited to ordering 2 gift cards at a time.  I just encountered the same situation but knew what the work-around was thanks to your post.

Edited by Florida Paesano
eta

Thanks for the info. Some people have been having a lot of trouble getting their gift cards from AARP shipped in a timely manner. Orders not arriving for weeks, orders returned to AARP, options to cancel or resend the orders. Not sure if any of this has anything to do with that, but be aware. It's not definite, but it seems like shipping problems are occurring more with orders under $500 that ship via USPS.

I've got points to burn, so I guess we'll be ordering some earlier than we planned. We do have a cruise booked, so at least they'll be used.

2 hours ago, scpirate said:

I seriously don't think it has anything to do with non-AARP members using the Rewards for Good program. If they didn't want non-members to do it, they could've easily made it members only. Besides, there's a good chance that non-members will still be able to participate once they begin the new rewards program. And since you probably won't be needing any more Carnival cards, that leaves more for the rest of us. 😉

• Like 2

What’s odd is that I can’t find any info. about this beyond the link posted by the OP. I can’t even find that link on AARP’s website. Or any  other info. about it on their main site or the Rewards for Good site. I can’t even find anything with a web search, other than this thread. You’d think they’d put up some kind of alert, especially considering there’s only a month left to earn points. OP, where did you get this?

5 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

What’s odd is that I can’t find any info. about this beyond the link posted by the OP. I can’t even find that link on AARP’s website. Or any  other info. about it on their main site or the Rewards for Good site. I can’t even find anything with a web search, other than this thread. You’d think they’d put up some kind of alert, especially considering there’s only a month left to earn points. OP, where did you get this?

5 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

I just checked the site and then did a web search.  I don't see any mention of this either.

Could it be that the announcement was released earlier than AARP intended?  

I'm not doubting OP.  

Maybe they aren't saying anything so AARP can discreetly make more money. If AARP announced this, then everyone would purchase as many gift cards as possible in a rush to redeem their points!

I have points to use for my cruise in July. No problem there.

The link says the program is changing not being eliminated. A different program and new ways to earn points to shop. I will wait and see what the new program brings and if the Carnival cards are still offered. 

I did the usual scouring if the internet as well and found nothing.  A friend sent this to me — she is on one of the unnamable pages.  I am hoping it is just a hoax, and have sent AARP an email to confirm.  If it is true, it would be nice if they would let us rollover the points that we have earned.

9 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

I did the usual scouring if the internet as well and found nothing.  A friend sent this to me — she is on one of the unnamable pages.  I am hoping it is just a hoax, and have sent AARP an email to confirm.  If it is true, it would be nice if they would let us rollover the points that we have earned.

Thanks for the update.  I'm gonna be surprised if there isn't change coming.  

OK, something else weird happened when I ordered.

It kept on freezing whenever I tried to enter my information, and at one point the name "patti" something came up on my automatic fill screen.  I thought their website was having problems, so I rebooted.  When I logged on again, and went ahead with the order, my information was automatically filled in, as it normally is.  I went ahead and bought in two card increments.  I got my AARP confirmations, and this morning my new points balance is correct.

I now notice PrincessPatti is the OP.   I guess I went to the AARP site via PrincessPatti's link.  I don't remember.  But, something's off.

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I've searched the same as you and others have reported and have found absolutely zilch.  I just contacted AARP via online message and asked for verification and where we could read about it on their website. 😉  Let's see what response AARP provides.

Do we have any info on what is changing? Is it just a name change? Is it for paid members only?

I didn't expect this program to last as long as it did. It basically became a best practice for everyone and their mother to use this rewards program through a company they have no affiliation through.