AARP Discontinuing Rewards for Good

4 minutes ago, dpkd said:

Are these “gift cards” transferable? Meaning can I buy it and give to someone else to use?

I have done this with other gift cards I have purchased through AARP, so I don’t see why not.  There is no name attached to them.

1 hour ago, dpkd said:

Are these “gift cards” transferable? Meaning can I buy it and give to someone else to use?

Yes you can. It’s a physical gift card, just like any gift card you would buy at a store. In fact, they’re the identical gift cards that I buy at Lowe’s.

Princess Patti got the scoop!  I just got my email from AARP about it.  I also have to go to the UPS pick-up place today to sign for my cards which I ordered last Thursday.  I didn't get a tracking number emailed, but I got the slip that they attempted delivery yesterday.  My smaller amount cards came on Monday with snail mail.

1 minute ago, fyree39 said:

Being the thrifty shopper that I am, I was able to buy enough cards to pay off 2 cruises and am working on earning enough points to use gift cards to pay off the last one. I do hope the gift cards remain as a benefit for purchase.

Yep, I agree. I am frugal myself, and like helping out with getting my parents the best deal, and I come on these forums hoping I am not the only one! Thanks 😃

The e-mail I got from AARP this morning indicated items currently offered would continue to be offered, but points earned won't carry over.

I just ordered a few dining gift cards that will be Christmas gifts, and more Carnival cards for me.  Right now I'm in the unfortunate position of having more points than cash!

10 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

The e-mail I got from AARP this morning indicated items currently offered would continue to be offered, but points earned won't carry over.

I just ordered a few dining gift cards that will be Christmas gifts, and more Carnival cards for me.  Right now I'm in the unfortunate position of having more points than cash!

I will point you in the direction of donating the points to a good cause 😏😉😁🤫

I'm earning points for $2500 worth of cards.  Wouldn't be hard if I was ever home.  Guess I'll have to take my daily dose of quizzes at work.   Need to finish paying off a cruise for 10 people.  Now I'm just doing it in a shorter amount of time then planned.

2 minutes ago, sprint180 said:

I'm earning points for $2500 worth of cards.  Wouldn't be hard if I was ever home.  Guess I'll have to take my daily dose of quizzes at work.   Need to finish paying off a cruise for 10 people.  Now I'm just doing it in a shorter amount of time then planned.

Yeah, I am at 22K right now, and reached my 5,000 points per day limit.

19 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

You're not the only one.  I have not received an email yet.  I did see the news on the website.  I am on there nearly everyday to get my 75 points.

I never got today's email for rewards for good promo code.

I currently have just over 204,000 points.  I do need some Carnival gift cards to pay off a wintertime cruise, but no way will I use all of my banked points for gift cards, either Carnival or restaurants.  Guess I'll use them for sweepstakes or donate. 

I hope discounted Carnival gift cards are part of the new program, but only time will tell.  When Verizon "improved" their rewards program, the cards-for-points program was eliminated.  All I ever get from that rewards program now is an occasional $5 credit to Amazon.

2 hours ago, CruzCrazy said:

All I ever get from that rewards program now is an occasional $5 credit to Amazon.

The Verizon rewards program was revamped again.  They give you a credit every month.  They also don't offer $5 gift cards anymore.  It's $3 now.

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I never got today's email for rewards for good promo code.

You get a promo code every day? I'm lucky to get one or two a month. I sorted through 6-8 of their emails earlier, all of them dated yesterday and today, and not a single one had a promo code.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You get a promo code every day? I'm lucky to get one or two a month. I sorted through 6-8 of their emails earlier, all of them dated yesterday and today, and not a single one had a promo code.

Oh...I read somewhere on CC that someone got a daily promo code. Maybe I am wrong? 

9 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh...I read somewhere on CC that someone got a daily promo code. Maybe I am wrong? 

I think you get 75 points for logging in every day. That's probably what luv2trvlnow was referring to above.

I used to get a couple codes a week, then they dropped to 1-2 a month. I was getting a couple paper newsletter in the mail every month, so I called to have them cancelled. The lady who did it cancelled the paper mailings, but she also unsubscribed me from all of the email newsletters. I went back in and subscribed again, but from that point on, the number of promo codes I got significantly dropped.

29 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, you're mistaken.  The promo codes come to me maybe once a week or so.  I got the official email about an hour ago and searched CC to find this thread.  I have about 55,000 points that will  probably be worthless unless I find something to burn them on.  Already have enough cards purchased to pay off our Mardi Gras cruise including grats and Cheers.