Purchasing wine in Seward?

GPStoryteller

2 hours ago, GPStoryteller said:

Wine in the grocery store?!?

The Safeway has a liquor store attached to it. Separate entrance & separate purchase.

And across the street from the Sealife Center is Tony's Bar & Liquor Store. 135 4th Ave, Seward, AK 99664

As a side note I was kind of surprised by how limited the wine selection was in most stores in Alaska.  They have lots of liquor options, and lots of beer options, but the wine was usually really limited (unless you like Arbor Mist!  They had lots of flavors of that!) 🙂  So if you find something you like- you might want to stock up!

55 minutes ago, szubieta said:

Can you take aboard another bottle of wine, per person, from a port too?

you need to check with your cruiseline.  Some allow, some don't, and some allow you to bring wine but you have to pay a $15 corkage fee per bottle. 

This info should be on the cruiseline web site.

Edited by mapleleaves

4 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

you need to check with your cruiseline.  Some allow, some don't, and some allow you to bring wine but you have to pay a $15 corkage fee per bottle. 

This info should be on the cruiseline web site.

Thank you, I found Princesses policy and they take any alcohol from you on the way back on the ship after a port day.  ~S

7 hours ago, GNplus2 said:

I just purchased two bottles of wine for embarkation at the Chevron gas station at Seward Hwy and North Harbor St.  Surprisingly decent selection.

Thanks for this information.  I was using google maps and found Gateway Liquor and Food Mart, the same address as the Chevron, and wondered if it would be a good place to shop.  Did they also have soda (cans of Coke/ Pepsi)?

Actually they sell a large selection of beer and wine at one of the Giant grocery stores in Silver Spring, MD, but that is certainly the exception to the rule. It is much more prevalent in VA.