Silhouette. February, 2020

AliceS

Feb 11 is now missing from most websites. When it was posted for sale, maybe 1/3 of cabins were available. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a travel agent/social media cruise like they have done in the past. Feb 14 still looks like business as usual. We are on Feb 14 and have backup plans, just in case. I won't be canceling that cruise until final payment is due. 

We are also on the Feb 14 cruise.  We originally booked the 12-day February 2 cruise, which we changed to January 31, which was then cancelled altogether.  We booked a January 31 cruise on Serenade of the Seas so that we wouldn't need to change our hotel & flight reservations around Super Bowl weekend.  Yikes!  When Celebrity added the Feb 11 3-day cruise we booked that because we'd rather spend the extra days on board instead of in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  

We'll be watching very carefully to see what happens now with the February 11 cruise.  I wonder if a travel agent/social media cruise would be any different from cruising with a large group of realtors or political groupies or whomever … 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:21 PM, Lady Chew said:

We are also on the Feb 14 cruise.  We originally booked the 12-day February 2 cruise, which we changed to January 31, which was then cancelled altogether.  We booked a January 31 cruise on Serenade of the Seas so that we wouldn't need to change our hotel & flight reservations around Super Bowl weekend.  Yikes!  When Celebrity added the Feb 11 3-day cruise we booked that because we'd rather spend the extra days on board instead of in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  

We'll be watching very carefully to see what happens now with the February 11 cruise.  I wonder if a travel agent/social media cruise would be any different from cruising with a large group of realtors or political groupies or whomever … 

I am booked on the 2/11, too.  I don’t care if there is a group of TA’s onboard, as long as I am.  I would rather be on the Silhouette than in a hotel or chasing another cruise.  

Let’s keep each other informed on here..if you hear anything.  Thanks, Alice

I'm sticking with the 3 nighter also - I'll sail with whomever, it doesn't matter to me.  Mine hasn't been cancelled, it still shows in my list of cruises so I feel I am good.  The only problem is when I try to add an excursion or specialty dining, it shows my cruise is in 1 day.  That does concern me, not that I even was truly going to book anything, but I was hoping that would settle the questions about whether it would really be a go or not.  No such luck!