Repositioning all sea day cruise advice (spa pass amd other)

Ready2go11

I am booked on the Oct 13 Noordam Vancouver to Honolulu, all sea days. 

Having enjoyed the spa access package for the heated beds and therapy pool in the past, i wanted to get the full trip pass again with the generous OBC I received at booking. 

However, since it is 6 straight sea days I am wondering what others have experienced as far as getting to use these amenities since I would imagine it will be a popular pastime and get crowded. 

Also, when I tried to pre-book spa access on HAL’s website, it is asking me to choose a 15 minute window, like when you book an individal spa service.  Another time i was on the site, it asked me to choose morning, afternoon or evening. Has anyone had to choose a time frame for access?  Is this how they control crowding and sell more passes?

Finally, any other advice for activities on all those sea days or how to spend more OBC than I've ever had (first world problem i know!]. Tips, beverage card and 2 Pinnacle dinners are in addition to OBC received so i do not thave to spend extra money on those. 

Thnaks everyone! 

31 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

I am booked on the Oct 13 Noordam Vancouver to Honolulu, all sea days. 

Having enjoyed the spa access package for the heated beds and therapy pool in the past, i wanted to get the full trip pass again with the generous OBC I received at booking. 

However, since it is 6 straight sea days I am wondering what others have experienced as far as getting to use these amenities since I would imagine it will be a popular pastime and get crowded. 

Also, when I tried to pre-book spa access on HAL’s website, it is asking me to choose a 15 minute window, like when you book an individal spa service.  Another time i was on the site, it asked me to choose morning, afternoon or evening. Has anyone had to choose a time frame for access?  Is this how they control crowding and sell more passes?

Finally, any other advice for activities on all those sea days or how to spend more OBC than I've ever had (first world problem i know!]. Tips, beverage card and 2 Pinnacle dinners are in addition to OBC received so i do not thave to spend extra money on those. 

Thnaks everyone! 

You can’t book the spa pass on line.  (Not the kind I think you want where you have access to the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suites during all hours)

You can call to book but personally, I’ve waited until I was on board and booked at that time.  It’s usually a slightly cheaper price.

I’ve done the voyage to Hawaii and beyond with plenty of sea days and had no problem booking once I was on board.

I found pre-booking gives you the cheaper price on the pass. Onboard it was about 20% more. Don't worry about times just choose one to get the request to go through. Your pass will be good for all the hours it is open.

I've done a couple crossings. There will be busy times and slack times. But never so crowded you can't enjoy yourself.

Have fun!

We've enjoyed the spa pass on a couple of cruises, one of them being a Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver cruise on Westerdam.  I would suggest booking it on embarkation day as the sometimes have a special price and, as they limit the number of passes available, they may go quickly on a cruise with many sea days.  Just check at the spa on the day you board.

BTW, the pass can be purchased online, at least on my next cruise, which is Noordam in a week.  Just click on "Cruise Activities", "Spa", then look for "Relaxations Areas".  You can book a single or double for the duration of the cruise here.

Enjoy.  The cost may indeed be cheaper online from what I see.

7 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

I would suggest booking it on embarkation day as the sometimes have a special price and, as they limit the number of passes available

This is what I do, and more often than not, there is better pricing available on that day.

The Hydrotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships are the amenities that I enjoy the most.  

Just ignore the "15 minute windows" - they are not relevant for the pass.  If the price online looks good to you, book it and pay. Then when you get on board, go right to the spa to see if they are offering a lower price for the full cruise spa pass. If they are, they will refund the difference.  Again, the website has a lot of limitations, one of them being this silly thing.  So just book the full cruise pass to the spa, and don't worry about the appointment windows. You will really have full access, anytime the spa is open.

Since I'll be on Noordam a week from tomorrow (6-30) I will check on the embarkation day spa pass cost.  Online the cost for a double is $219 and a single is $139, so we'll be able to compare.

47 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

If you book the spa ahead of time, do they charge your credit card, or will they charge it against your OBC when you are on board?

My experience:  it will be charged to your credit card.  That's the reason I always wait to book the Greenhouse Spa on the day I embark in order to use my OBC.

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My experience:  it will be charged to your credit card.  That's the reason I always wait to book the Greenhouse Spa on the day I embark in order to use my OBC.

I thought it might be that way.  So the OP should probably wait until on board to book, in order to use OBC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, 0bnxshs said:

Since I'll be on Noordam a week from tomorrow (6-30) I will check on the embarkation day spa pass cost.  Online the cost for a double is $219 and a single is $139, so we'll be able to compare.

Boarded Noordam today, single spa pass "special" price is $169, double is $279. Book ahead online!

• Like 1

Getting confused about whether to buy the spa pass at embarkation vs online pre-cruise.  

I've always thought it was cheaper at embarkation....and always bought at embarkation with no problem.....now I am seeing otherwise.

For our 14 day TA cruise on the NS this fall, the couples pass is $429 to buy online pre-cruise.  Any intel on the embarkation price for a 14 day couples pass?

On 7/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, FlaMariner said:

Getting confused about whether to buy the spa pass at embarkation vs online pre-cruise.  

I've always thought it was cheaper at embarkation....and always bought at embarkation with no problem.....now I am seeing otherwise.

For our 14 day TA cruise on the NS this fall, the couples pass is $429 to buy online pre-cruise.  Any intel on the embarkation price for a 14 day couples pass?

$429 is roughly twice the $219 for a 7 day cruise online on Noordam sailing 6/30/19.  I would anticipate $559 on embarkation day which is roughly twice the $279 for a 7 day pass on embarkation day same sailing.