Dining at Bar in Prime C

BurBunny

7 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I have dined as a solo in Prime C, and I have no qualms about sitting at a regular table. 😋

I don't either, just always enjoyed the conversation at the bar. More social. 

8 hours ago, BurBunny said:

Is it still possible to order from the menu and dine at the bar in Prime C?

I have done it but after 8. Just soup and salad not a big meal. No way early just to be busy.one night I went up for a drink and views. Not a big deal.

• Like 1

We do like to sit at the bar while we wait for our table in the restaurant, but each time we did that, it was just us and the bar tender.  Not exactly a convivial and busy spot for conversation.  But it is a pleasant space.

• Like 1

And the bar tender is super busy sometimes

The OP might be the first cited beneficiary of the awful addition of extra tables in the speciality restaurants. Tables are smaller and must closer together so conversation can easily happen between tables.  

Trouble is not everyone wants chat and we certainly did not appreciate the lady from New York who was clearly eavesdropping then butting in to our personal conversations something that wasn’t previously possible in speciality restaurants.

However I’m sure if the OP explains his wish for conversation the maitre d will have a good idea which guests that might work with and seat him next to them. 

And im sure he’d never be an eavesdropper! 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 3:08 AM, uktog said:

And the bar tender is super busy sometimes

The OP might be the first cited beneficiary of the awful addition of extra tables in the speciality restaurants. Tables are smaller and must closer together so conversation can easily happen between tables.  

Trouble is not everyone wants chat and we certainly did not appreciate the lady from New York who was clearly eavesdropping then butting in to our personal conversations something that wasn’t previously possible in speciality restaurants.

However I’m sure if the OP explains his wish for conversation the maitre d will have a good idea which guests that might work with and seat him next to them. 

And im sure he’d never be an eavesdropper! 

Never intentionally an eavesdropper, but you're right, sometimes hard to avoid and keep one's mouth wisely shut. 

Will figure it all out. Might be just a factor of the passenger mix on my previous sailings. Just so enjoy that entire bar/restaurant ambience.