Best snorkeling - Roatan, Costa Maya, or Cozumel?

vivianmarie244

If you choose the Tabyana Beach Break excursion from the ship you will find very good reef snorkeling steps from your lounger. 

Please note - Tabyana is part of West Bay beach, the premiere beach on the island. Everyone and their mother's uncle seeks the same as you. 

32 minutes ago, vivianmarie244 said:

We're going on Liberty next April/May and want to do at least one snorkeling excursion.  Which one is has the best location?  I would prefer one that is from the beach instead of off a boat.

Roatan but be prepared for crowds.

go to Chakanob (SP) in Cozumel.  There is an amazing place to snorkel.  It has a great beach with hammocks spread out under palm trees,  a couple of play areas for kids, I believe it even has a dolphin encounter.

Hands down the best snorkeling I have done.  My then 3 year old and I walked down a set of stairs into the aquarium, I mean ocean.  We were maybe 5-10 feet off the beach in about 5-10 feet of water with hundreds of colorful fish surrounding us.

We took a cab from the ship and I think it was about $15 and to get into the park was another $10 or so and it was worth every penny.  We are going back next year.

Without a doubt, IMHO, Roatan is best.  There is a fabulous reef that you walk out to - West Bay.  I recommend making arrangements with Ronystours.  Rony will make sure you have a great day.  The reef has an amazing channel with gorgeous reef walls on either side of you.  Lots of huge parrotfish.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed!  The best place I have ever been in the Caribbean!  Roatan Tabyana Beach!  Huge reef right off of the beach.  They take great care of it and frown upon anyone touch it or standing on it so it has always been in great shape with lots of activity from marine life!