Beverage Packages ever go on sale?

trk_koa

I got a good deal on a signature suite this fall on Zuiderdam (October 2019). It has the restricted non-refundable deposit and a distinctive dining package. (Means we can’t cancel and rebook). This will be our first cruise on HAL, but we have cruised a lot of other lines. 

I’ve been searching the boards but haven’t found the answer to this question. 

My hubby would like a beverage package because he likes the convenience. It appears that it is cheaper to buy ahead of time instead of waiting until we are aboard. 

Celebrity has been sending out emails offering percentages off of cruise “enhancements” such as beverage packages, dining packages, shore excursions. Does HAL do that too?

Should I go ahead a buy us the beverage package or wait until closer in?

TIA,

Nancy 

with Holland America the price is the price.  I have never known them to offer any additional discounts.  If they do you can always cancel and re-purchase.  They will refund your CC withing 5-7 business days if you cancel at least 7 days prior to sailing.

Please be aware that HAL does require BOTH guests on the reservation to have the same beverage package option, so if only he wants the package you will still have to both purchase it.  Depending on what you would personally consume, he may come out better to pay as he goes per drink onboard.

I understand. I think we will go ahead and pre-purchase. 

Signature is coming out to $44.95 +15% per person per day for drinks up to $11.

Elite $59.95 + 15% per person per day for drinks up to $15.

It is very hard to find up to date information about what exactly is included for the extra.

Any good sparkling wines in the Signature?

23 minutes ago, trk_koa said:

Signature is coming out to $44.95 +15% per person per day for drinks up to $11.

Elite $59.95 + 15% per person per day for drinks up to $15.

It is very hard to find up to date information about what exactly is included for the extra.

Any good sparkling wines in the Signature?

This is pretty up to date, although it shows the old SBP limit of $9 and does not show the pre-sailing discount. It can give you an idea of what might be covered by the EBP that is not on the SBP. Mostly better wines and really top end liquors.

Roger Jett is our own @Crew News who is a splendid resource for HAL travelers.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

• Like 1

There is no pre-sailing discount for the SBP on HAL.   But there is a Post-Sailing penalty for booking the SBP onboard.   Like the Elite Beverage Package now, the SBP was always the same price, purchased online, before the cruise, or purchased on the ship, before January 2016.  After that date, HAL realized that many people were using their free, HAL provided onboard cabin credit to buy part or all of the SBP.   HAL would rather you use your free OBC to buy very high markup items like spa treatments, photo packages, and shore excursions.   They would rather you use your own money to buy the SBP online, which has a relatively lower markup than the other items.   It used to be a $5 per day penalty for waiting to buy onboard, but now, it is $10 per day.   

Edited by TAD2005