Three Rivers Cruise with Emerald?

canagal

Hello CC community- has anyone done this river cruise offered by Emerald Waterways? It looks quite interesting, combining two of their popular itineraries...

Welcome any comments

thanks😀

Canagal

I have not sailed with Emerald but I have sailed all three of these rivers, and found them quite enjoyable. If time is not a major issue (like many on this board I’m retired and not juggling time off from work), I personally would not attempt to cram all this into a single two week period. Unless you’ve been to Portugal many times I’d spend at least another week to give yourself more time in Porto, time in Lisbon, etc. Similarly for the Saône-Rhône trip. Note that there is a low bridge on the Saône in Lyon that often prevents the connection between the Saône and the Rhône; in 2015 we cleared the bridge with less than an inch to spare and the boats behind us were stuck for 3 days. 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:50 PM, canagal said:

Hello CC community- has anyone done this river cruise offered by Emerald Waterways? It looks quite interesting, combining two of their popular itineraries...

Welcome any comments

thanks😀

Canagal

Hello Suzann!

carol & Cyndi here. Funny thing but we were looking at this cruise too! We decided instead to do the three week tour/cruise of Vietnam and Cambodia in 2021 on their new ship Harmony being built now. For 2020 we are doing three week cruise of black and Aegean Sea with road scholar. We leave in six weeks for our three week trip to Africa. Cyndi retired last December so we can take more trips!

think of you two often and how much we enjoyed sailing with you!  Tell Dave I have made is shepherds pie several times and it is always a hit! Let us know what your next cruise is.