Seeking Barcelona Hotel Review

aaalynn1

Wondering if anyone has stayed at Hotel Catalunya in the Gothic District?  The are seems good for sight seeing, just thought Id ask if anyone has stayed here. Has anyone had a good experience staying in the Gothic area?

18 minutes ago, aaalynn1 said:

Wondering if anyone has stayed at Hotel Catalunya in the Gothic District?  The are seems good for sight seeing, just thought Id ask if anyone has stayed here. Has anyone had a good experience staying in the Gothic area?

Can't comment on your selection, but we are booked into the Yurbban in the Gothic Quarter for a long weekend in July this year.  Take a look?

• Like 1

If you are referring to the Catalonia Hotels and Resorts chain and their facilities I have stayed in three of their facilities in/near Barrio Gothic. Magdalenes, Portal D'Angel and Gotic all very good - First one is modern outside and in on a quiet street. Latter two are renovations inside older buildings. Excellent accommodations with good amenities - including rooftop pools and lounges. They do have a location very close to Placa Catalunya (not theoretically in BG) named the Hotel Catalunya Plaza I believe - its is on a very busy street and would not recommend a room facing front. Good luck

• Like 1

Hi again - I just checked the hotel you are referring is not part of the Catalonia hotels chain, it is around the corner near the Portal D"Angel location I mentioned. Sorry I don't have a specific opinion about that one.

• Like 1