Symphony, Jr Suite, dining in Coastal Kitchen

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

We'll be in a Jr suite on Symphony of the Seas how does eating at Coastal Kitchen work unlimited, reservations on line?    

CK is not a guaranteed unlimited benefit for JS. JS can eat dinner in CK but only if space is available by reservation once on the ship.

As a side note, we are booked on Symphony in 2020, and I have been able to reserve coastal kitchen in the cruise planner already.

Symphony is the only Oasis class we haven’t yet sailed, none of the others were ever open to book online, so don’t know if this is new or not. 

3 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

As a side note, we are booked on Symphony in 2020, and I have been able to reserve coastal kitchen in the cruise planner already.

Symphony is the only Oasis class we haven’t yet sailed, none of the others were ever open to book online, so don’t know if this is new or not. 

We can not book the CK for dinner this September on line. Nor can we book Harmony for August. Strange. 

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’d much rather have some kids than a swarm of P’s in the SL/CK. The kids tend to stay with their families while many P’s swarm in packs. 

It's not how either group acts, it's the sheer numbers of large families

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not how either group acts, it's the sheer numbers of large families

John is correct.  We sailed  symphony during the time of Canada spring break. CK was crowded, mostly with families. There were only 12 pinnacles on board. 

M

Note that CK is not exclusive to Suite guests.  Top tier cruisers called Pinnacles who are not paying for a suite are also allowed in. The suite marketing materials make no mention of this fact.  If you travel on a cruise with many of these non-suite paying pinnacles you will have limited to no availability for dinner time sittings.  They are easy to identify since they all wear large, gold lapel pins with their names on them.  Good luck.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know that Jr. Suites cannot book the CK on line and that reservations on board are on a "as available" basis.

What about the full suites (GS and above)?  

Can they book on line?

Are their reservations also on a "as available" basis?

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

I know that Jr. Suites cannot book the CK on line and that reservations on board are on a "as available" basis.

What about the full suites (GS and above)?  

Can they book on line?

Are their reservations also on a "as available" basis?

You will get an email about one week before you cruise, listing all your amenities from the concierge.

It is a form letter but still you are able to respond.

That is when we send back an email listing the days and times we want to book the CK.

Also any other special needs we may have.

Safe travels. 

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

You will get an email about one week before you cruise, listing all your amenities from the concierge.

It is a form letter but still you are able to respond.

That is when we send back an email listing the days and times we want to book the CK.

Also any other special needs we may have.

Safe travels. 

So sorry about confusion with my above post.

To late for me to cancel it.   😞

The concierge only contacts those in GS and above....................

Junior suites have to book on board 

Thanks

I mentioned earlier up in the thread. For a 2020

cruise (in a GS) I have booked CK online already via cruise planner. Showed up when I was browsing the dining section as available. It looks as though it could be a new thing for Symphony as no other reports I can find. So who knows what date sailing it starts from as available online but worth checking. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

I mentioned earlier up in the thread. For a 2020

cruise (in a GS) I have booked CK online already via cruise planner. Showed up when I was browsing the dining section as available. It looks as though it could be a new thing for Symphony as no other reports I can find. So who knows what date sailing it starts from as available online but worth checking. 

Just checked my two January 2020 Symphony bookings and CK is not available to book through the cruise planner.

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If they are staying in Suites, they should be accommodated. P’s are welcome to sail in Suites too and some do. 

Well, according to the rules, Pinnacles are accommodated as well. Why is this so hard to understand.  😉

Last I looked the R in RCI was for Royal, not Rory. 🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Couple of more questions is there a fee? Is the menu the same as the MDR if not what's it like?

No fee, completely different menu than the MDR.

28 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Couple of more questions is there a fee? Is the menu the same as the MDR if not what's it like?

Sample Menus

IMAG7525_1.thumb.jpg.abc105e89226787466410e1c3dc32f0b.jpg

IMAG7524_1.thumb.jpg.5f2a498ca5c5b1ec88726be41de9270f.jpg

IMAG7523_1.jpg

IMAG7522_1.jpg

IMAG7520_1.jpg

IMAG7519_1.jpg

IMAG7518_1.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa