Help! The Formatting of the Oceania Roll Calls Needs Fixing

Rumpymuffin

Does anyone know how to format the Oceania roll calls so they are visible when you click on "Find My [Name of Ship] Roll Call"? Right now the roll calls are a hodgepodge of ships and sailings in no particular order, and the roll calls themselves (the lists of those sailing) are missing. In the past, when you clicked on "Find My [Name of Ship] Roll Call," the cruises would be listed in chronological order, making them easy to find. Maybe the Oceania moderator, if we have one, can help. Other suggestions? 

The Roll Calls appear as all posts do on CC. In order of last usage. Therefore, if no one has made a posting to a Roll Call for days or months, it will appear further down the list regardless of sail date.

Sometimes people make short inconsequential posts to “ bump” their Roll Call back up to the top of the order to make it easily findable.🤫

I use  this link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/321-oceania-roll-calls/

then click on the Find your roll call under the ship's name

then click the month you are sailing

then click view  discussions

If that fails  I click on ship's name  from the above link & scroll through the list

then bookmark the page once you find your roll call

You could contact admin if they have other suggestions for you

Hello rumpymuffin,

Let's try this.  Scroll to the top of the Oceania Boards page and click on "Oceania Cruises Roll Calls".  On the roll calls page you will see the listing of each ship, i.e. "Marina Roll Calls", etc.  Currently, 4 of the 6 ships have a second line "Find Your Marina Roll Call" with a red star designation.  If you click on the red star line, you will find a chronological list of roll calls.  The top bold type line will give you the roll calls in order of last posting.  

Sirena and Insignia don't have this "star" line available right now.  Not sure why.

Hope this helps,

Katie

4 hours ago, Rumpymuffin said:

This is the way an Oceania roll call is SUPPOSED to look, but many of them don't. That's what I think needs fixing.

Thanks to all those who replied for their suggestions. 

it is usually caused by those that start the roll call

contact  admin to get it changed

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

it is usually caused by those that start the roll call

contact  admin to get it changed

Thanks, Lyn. I've emailed Jenn in Administration. Do you happen to know if help@cruisecritic.com is the correct email address? 

2 hours ago, Rumpymuffin said:

Thanks, Lyn. I've emailed Jenn in Administration. Do you happen to know if help@cruisecritic.com is the correct email address? 

that should get  someone  to help

At least (at the moment) you no longer have to edit the preferences to be able to see "older" roll calls - for a while it was only the x most recent, or the ones with a post within the x last days, that would show...

I've run into even more confusion with my roll call. As you've seen there is a way to set up a roll call that is found in a specific year and moth.  The title of the roll call has a strict format:. Mine is "Riviera Roll Call - March 11, 2021" All rolls calls look exactly like this. I started a roll call there and received a reply. However, the reply doesn't show up through this link but does show up on (what I call) the Old Way. The old way is the one we are all familiar with and often need to scroll through a page or two to find it as it has remained idle for a period.

I have a feeling that the two methods of finding a specific roll call is supposed to be linked. I guess we will all need to do it the OLD WAY.

Edited by Playtennis