Unlimited beverage package and sailing out of NYC

Coco0917

My husband and I first sailed on Norwegian breakaway to Bermuda in 2016 after we got married.  We had all the ultimate beverage package and specialty dining and a couple of other things.  We sailed out of NYC and were able to use the ultimate beverage package immediately.  Fast forward to last year and we sailed on Carnival Horizon (huge mistake and we hated it) and had their cheers package but were told we couldn’t use it until day 2 of the cruise because NY has some kind of restriction on cruise lines and “free” (even though technically we are paying for them) drinks when in NY.  We are sailing in November on Norwegian Escape to Bermuda and I was wondering if Norwegian is going to give us this same line? Has anyone experienced this?? Also we will never sail with carnival again, it was nothing like sailing with Norwegian.  Thanks for any answers! 

Ditto above.  Mayor Bill gets his "taste" of your drinks cheque (aka NY City sales tax of close to 9%) but otherwise drink-up!  He & his fellow citizens of NYC will appreciate your efforts! lol

We do our drinking a la carte (no drink package) and we make it a point to wait until we're out of NYC jurisdiction before we start imbibing.  We just cannot fathom paying an extra 9% on top of NCL's service charge of 18%.

• Thanks 1