Cruise Critic Community
salabc

golden princess southbound

interested in the patter of Golden southbound

we'll be on board next month

Golden Princess no chance to have copy of the patters southbound?

Sorry, I do not save the Patters.  I just returned from the most recent southbound cruise. I would happy to try and answer some of your questions.

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, salabc said:

interested in the patter of Golden southbound

we'll be on board next month

Southbound?  Sorry.  Too vague.  Where in the world?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

3 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Southbound?  Sorry.  Too vague.  Where in the world?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Southbound and Northbound usually refer to the Alaska cruises.  The Golden will be in Alaska in July.

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Sorry, I do not save the Patters.  I just returned from the most recent southbound cruise. I would happy to try and answer some of your questions.

thanks 

which days are formal ? 

The Patter is pretty generic. One southbound may or may not reflect the next one. I'm unsure why people ask for these as they really don't reflect other cruises. We did a southbound on Golden in late May. Good cruise. Not a fan of the CD as I enjoy the Wake Show and his wasn't worth a darn. Not even a daily trivia question. Many (MANY) others never watch the Wake Show and don't give a darn about it. The CD was "okay" other than that. Activities are more on the head of the ED. They were "okay" as well. No problems with the ship or the crew though. Great ship, great crew, great cruise. Heck, it's only 7 days. Barely time to get things going well. We find 7 days to be pretty darn short and barely a cruise at all. Go for it! You will almost certainly have a great time. Don't listen to anybody who says otherwise. YOU will be the determining factor in whether or not you have a great cruise.

Thrak,

Who was the CD on your cruise.  I will be sailing  Southbound on the Golden this month after a land tour.

I also am a fan of the Wake Show.

Thanks,

Sandi

8 hours ago, salabc said:

thanks 

which days are formal ? 

For us it was the first sea day/Hubbard and the day in Juneau.

1 hour ago, sandybeaches44 said:

Thrak,

Who was the CD on your cruise.  I will be sailing  Southbound on the Golden this month after a land tour.

I also am a fan of the Wake Show.

Thanks,

Sandi

Cory was our CD.

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

For us it was the first sea day/Hubbard and the day in Juneau.

thanks very much

may i know what  you have  done in Ketchican ? princess just cancelled our excursion

(misty fjords wilderness cruise &flight )

I'm not sure why people think formal nights vary by ships on standard itineraries. Almost certainly they are decided by a product planning group at HQ and not left to the whim of the ship's officers. I first sailed Princess to Alaska in 1993 and as far as I know, northbound one-ways have always had the formal nights on nights 2 (at sea) and 6 (Glacier Bay) while southbound one-ways have them on nights 2 (Hubbard Glacier) and 5 (Juneau (due to the early departure as compared to night 6 at Ketchikan).

On 7/4/2019 at 7:35 AM, jagoffee said:

Cory was our CD.

Yes, Corey Moir. In fairness he was by no means the worst CD we have had but also very far from the best.

21 hours ago, salabc said:

thanks very much

may i know what  you have  done in Ketchican ? princess just cancelled our excursion

(misty fjords wilderness cruise &flight )

We were not pleased with our choice of excursion in Ketchikan.  We were looking for variety across all our other excursions.  My two grandchildren were too young to ride in a regular ATV tour.  We selected a family 4 X4 tour that included a visit to the totem pole park, a ride, a visit to a camp and rainforest.  The vehicle was a golf cart.  I would not recommend this tour.

I heard several positive comments about the Lumberjack show. Our time in port was very limited.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We were not pleased with our choice of excursion in Ketchikan.  We were looking for variety across all our other excursions.  My two grandchildren were too young to ride in a regular ATV tour.  We selected a family 4 X4 tour that included a visit to the totem pole park, a ride, a visit to a camp and rainforest.  The vehicle was a golf cart.  I would not recommend this tour.

I heard several positive comments about the Lumberjack show. Our time in port was very limited.

thanks