Question...Hurricane Season

TechKnowBabble

I am forgetting the months is it supposed to be. I believe it ends in November, but what month does it start? I am thinking about taking my boyfriend on a cruise to celebrate his birthday (his birthday is Dec 2006) and trying to get a good deal. I may try to sail out of Baltimore, maybe May 2007. I appreciate your input

I believe it IS June to December. I copied this from Google.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

The 2005 Atlantic hurricane season officially began June 1, 2005 and officially ended on November 30, 2005 although effectively the season persisted into January of 2006 due to continued storm activity.

Lucky boyfriend.

I believe it IS June to December. I copied this from Google.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

The 2005 Atlantic hurricane season officially began June 1, 2005 and officially ended on November 30, 2005 although effectively the season persisted into January of 2006 due to continued storm activity.

Lucky boyfriend.

I try....it'll be a 'big one' for him it will be his 30th bday :)

It starts June 1 but Mother Nature has a very hard time reading a calendar.

Some history of this past hurricane season certainly bears Bill out:

feature_txt_filler_ap.gifThe Associated Press

MIAMI Dec 30, 2005 — Tropical Storm Zeta formed Friday in the eastern Atlantic Ocean, another installment in a record-breaking hurricane season that officially ended last month.

Zeta, the 27th storm of the season, formed Friday about 1,000 miles south-southwest of the Azores islands, according to an advisory posted on the National Hurricane Center's Web site. It posed no immediate threat to land.

It was not immediately known if Dec. 30 was the latest date for the formation of a tropical storm in the Atlantic. But earlier this month, Hurricane Epsilon became only the fifth hurricane to form in December in 154 years of record-keeping. Hurricanes form when their winds exceed 74 mph.

Ugh.....a little more than four months till hurricane season begins again:eek:. Having said that, I would have little concern of a hurricane causing a problem with a May cruise. Good luck:).

Any time from June 1 until the end of November, of course you can get a northeaster at anytime especially in the winter and tjhen the seas can feel the same as during a hurricane, just ask the passengers on the norwegian spirit.

Dont worry the Captain will steer around the worst of the weather.

Happy cruising

BobN

I have sailed in August, September, and October and have had wonderful cruises. Yes, there is the threat of a hurricane and the possibilty of of change in itinerary, the ships sail faster the the storms move.

This year we had hurricane Wilma pound Ft Lauderdale 4 days before our cruise. Even with all the problems in the community, the ship and airport sped us on our way to a great vacation.

Archived