Sockholder Benefits

Sugarmag13

Hi,

We are considering purchasing some shares in CCL and know of but are not familiar with the benefits.

Can some of you pro's fill me in?

We seem to have gotten the cruise bug and someone on our last cruise mentioned this to us.

I know we need 100 shares.

Thanks

We purchased the CCL stock back when it was in the high $20 range, planning to keep it long-term. The OBC for holding 100 shares is a great perk and can be combined with other OBC's. The stock does pay a dividend, too. Of course the  div's are taxable, but the OBC isn't something we get a 1099 for. The longer the cruise, the higher the OBC's!

Darcy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Minimum ownership of 100 shares (can be in a personal account or even an IRA) for the following OBC

6 days or less    $50

7-13 days            $100

14+ days             $250

amounts are per cabin, so there is no OBC gain if each member of a married couple owns 100 shares and are in the same cabin

You must submit a fax or snail mail (NO EMAIL) prior to your cruise to Princess (address/phone # at the link above) stating your names, trip/ship, date of trip, booking # and proof of ownership. A copy of a brokerage report/page with your names visible and the stock info is proof (black out your account # and any other private info).

A good thing to note is that benefit is available on any of the brands listed at the link. We have use it for both Princess and Cunard.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

Minimum ownership of 100 shares (can be in a personal account or even an IRA) for the following OBC

6 days or less    $50

7-13 days            $100

14+ days             $250

amounts are per cabin, so there is no OBC gain if each member of a married couple owns 100 shares and are in the same cabin

You must submit a fax or snail mail (NO EMAIL) prior to your cruise to Princess (address/phone # at the link above) stating your names, trip/ship, date of trip, booking # and proof of ownership. A copy of a brokerage report/page with your names visible and the stock info is proof (black out your account # and any other private info).

A good thing to note is that benefit is available on any of the brands listed at the link. We have use it for both Princess and Cunard.

• Those amounts are US$ for "North American Brand cruises".  Princess sells round trips out of Australia as "Australian Brand cruises" issuing those numerical amounts in AU$, and has in the past run "UK Brand cruises" where the amounts are £125, £60, and £25.  Check TailSpinTom's post, upthread, for a link to the official matrix.

• Some felt-tip inks are transparent to infra-red.  Some faxes see infra-red.  Just because you can't see what's blacked out doesn't mean it won't show up in the transmitted copy.  Better to scan and redact in Paint or whatever.

• "If it's free on the internet, then you and your information is what's being sold."  Use a real fax or a stamp.   Travel Agent's?  Broker's?  Work?  Staples, Walgreen, etc?

• Princess is amazingly prompt in posting SOBC to your Personalizer.

And if you are planning to purchase the stock, the price has dropped significantly in the last week or so.  We bought before our first Princess cruise and have enjoyed the benefit of OBC many times.  The stock is now lower than it was when we purchased about 5 years ago.  We've seen it as high as 70, and now as low as 46.

2 hours ago, richmke said:

FYI: You only need to be a shareholder when your brokerage statement is printed.

Yea but isn't there a restriction that the statement can't be more than 3 months old and if you like do a lot of cruises well!

9 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Yea but isn't there a restriction that the statement can't be more than 3 months old and if you like do a lot of cruises well!

Yes, but I submitted my statement last week for a cruise in January, fully expecting it to be bounced back....well, it went through. I am waiting to see if they want an updated statement as we get closer.

1 minute ago, mjmalino said:

Yes, but I submitted my statement last week for a cruise in January, fully expecting it to be bounced back....well, it went through. I am waiting to see if they want an updated statement as we get closer.

It may be hit or miss depending on the agent and/or cruise line processing it.  Lucky for you!  Enjoy the dollars.

2 minutes ago, zalusky said:

It may be hit or miss depending on the agent and/or cruise line processing it.  Lucky for you!  Enjoy the dollars.

That is what I figure as well. Since I don't planning on selling anytime soon, I can always print off another one if they request.

I purchased 100 shares on Friday after the second drop and faxed my info to Princess. Had the OBC for my upcoming 15 and 16 day cruises within 90 minutes. Nice $500 bonus for our two cruises. Nice job by Princess. Couldn’t be happier. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sugarmag13 said:

How far out can you send it? 

Pretty much as far out as you can book, I have one for a 2021 cruise posted a few months ago. It's an incentive to not cancel the cruise 🙂