Check your pricing, even during the same promotion

canadarocks

We booked a cruise for next year with no promotion attached. When the Oceans of Extras promotion first started, our original price was better. Checked the Oceans of Extra pricing again yesterday and our cabin choice's cost went down. With a slight increase in our base price and an added $300 OBC, we ended up with an overall savings of $178.

Not a lot, but it definitely to pays to check your pricing daily even if the promotion hasn't changed. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So true - you need to recheck your deal on a regular basis (like once a week) IMO.  Be sure to calculate a "net price" of the fare less any perks involved.  I write this number down on the folder I keep my cruise information in for quick reference when you notice a new HAL promotion or base price decline.  It takes me less than one minute to recheck (unless I find something of course) on the HAL site.

A number of times I have found small savings (last week it was $45 pp), but still worth it to drop a short email to my TA and get it adjusted.

To add to the above - I usually check on Fridays, as I have noticed most of HAL price changes seem to occur on Thursdays and Fridays.  I do it before noon, so I have time to contact my TA before the weekend in case I need to make an adjustment.

13 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Just an update ..... checking daily really does pay off! 

Switched our Oceans of Extras booking to the new 3 Day Sale, kept the same price and gained an additional $300 OBC. 🙂 

I am hoping for the same thing but want to keep the same cabin.

17 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Just an update ..... checking daily really does pay off! 

Switched our Oceans of Extras booking to the new 3 Day Sale, kept the same price and gained an additional $300 OBC. 🙂 

Same here exactly - $300 more in OBC!  Last week the fare dropped by $90 on the same sailing, so $390 gained in just over a week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

As an aside, it pays to check your flight ease fares as well.  I've seen the same flights, the same day, vary by a third.   I was able to change my Delta flight to Vancouver and saved $1000.  Yes, it was first class.

Wow!  Where u flying?

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

Wow!  Where u flying?

Domestic air  ..... First class can run , trans con  between 2200 and 4500  rt depending on the day, and time saving $1000 in not unusual.     Too, Delta is known as  one of the highest priced airlines... more than others        For reference  check MATRIX.com  fare compare.

• Like 1

Sorry thought u were flying Vancouver return

Have not used cruise air with any co so far. Do ok on my own usually with sales and points. Rarely do US carriers Did do Delta to Singapore couple years ago for cruise tho and it was not bad:)

4 hours ago, lizinvan said:

Wow!  Where u flying?

HSV - YVR and return.  Two passengers.  First Class tickets.  

Currently Delta is showing some flights as high as $11,640.  The lowest is  $2756.

Currently, Delta is showing the same flights I booked as $3044.  

Flight Ease booked me at $2505.

Delta website shows Main Cabin for the same flights is $1455 for 2PP.  Basic economy sold out.

Not really a lot of choices.

If I want to fly first class all the way, my only airline is Delta.

Holland says that the earliest departure should be No Earlier Than 1100.  There are only two flights leaving after 1100 to HSV.  

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Domestic air  ..... First class can run , trans con  between 2200 and 4500  rt depending on the day, and time saving $1000 in not unusual.     Too, Delta is known as  one of the highest priced airlines... more than others        For reference  check MATRIX.com  fare compare.

Delta is about the best of a bunch of not so great choices for flying from HSV.  

We have the Oosterdam (Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas) March 2020 booked. We got the Ocean's deal ($600 plus extras) then got an additional $600 this afternoon on the 3 Day Sale for our SY cabin! I'm so happy! AND we got another $700 off this cruise because we felt it was unfair that our cabin was reduced 50% per person for our 2 week Alaska cruise next month. It pays to be a good Mariner Member I guess? I'm running to buy my lotto ticket now:}

• Like 2

I would love to be able to check my fares on HAL but I can't seem to be able to bring up that page on their site. It seems to get stuck on the slogan "People don't take trips, trips take people" and will not do anything. We have 3 devices and it happens on all three! This has been going on for over a month now. I look to cruise critic to read any new promos cause I can't see them on HAL.

It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.  Is it a HAL problem that will eventually be fixed. Hope so, as my New England cruise in October is approaching final payment date and I'd like to get a price reduction if it's available.

Frustrating thing is lack of consistency from HAL.  Called yesterday and was told that three day sale was only for new bookings!   When clearly that is not true!  No offer to look at refaring..  Good thing my booking is better but why can’t HAL get its act together?

On 6/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Delta is about the best of a bunch of not so great choices for flying from HSV.  

Yes from Huntspatch   its a Delta Market.   AND  they know it.     Their new stick- it- to- you FF miles  ( sky peso) is charging 350,000 miles for business 1 way to Europe when others are 60K to 155 K     When you have a monopoly... press your luck.

Wish you the best

D0rfVrcX4AIBto9.jpg