Anthem Of The Seas - Balcony Cabin - Access to TV Inputs

11 minutes ago, wee-haggis said:

Will this remote work with the cabin TV's so as to access Video inputs on back ?

You won't really know till you try it - the TVs in every room are not necessarily the same model.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You won't really know till you try it - the TVs in every room are not necessarily the same model.

Thanks......I am told that Samsung Universal Remotes will work on any of the TV's onboard but I'm just not sure whether my particular remote would be considered as a Universal one.

You may need to disconnect the RJ11 type phone connection to the ship which makes it interactive and power cycle the TV.  Some cabins have TV's that hinge out so you can view them from the sofa.  When it does it's easier to reach the inputs.  Some cabins don't have hinging TV's and you won't be able to reach the inputs.  

Double check it's back to normal before debarking or you might cause issues for the next guest.   

On 6/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, CORKY_Q said:

That is not a Universal Remote.  That remote is specific to the Samsung brand.  As to your other questions, I defer to others who are wiser.😎

I understand that my remote is not a "true" Universal one, but I was told that the TV's onbaord are also Samsung. So, I wondered if my Samsung remote would work with the onboard Samsung TV's.

12 minutes ago, wee-haggis said:

I understand that my remote is not a "true" Universal one, but I was told that the TV's onbaord are also Samsung. So, I wondered if my Samsung remote would work with the onboard Samsung TV's.

Different models might have different codes.  I'd bring a universal to cover all the bases.

If by chance you have Verizon cable/Fios, we took this remote along with the programming instructions and all went well on Anthem.  I bet other cable companies have similar remotes that would work as long as you know how to program it once in cabin. Best of luck.

3 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

I think this is the first time Clerea has agreed with me.  I went to college in Central Illinois so it might be the water.

Maybe we went to the same engineering school?