Disappointing Mail

Shoppie124

Sooo..  A little background... We are used to vacationing at the house of the mouse... they bombard you with emails and snail mail.. for planning, luggage tags, magic bands, etc

I have been on these boards reading learning and planning our upcoming cruise.  I received this envelope today... To my disappointment it  more of an advertisement for their website.. no concierge letter, no luggage tags, no new info 😪

2.jpg

1.jpg

1 minute ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I can't remember the last time they sent luggage tags in the mail.  Everything is done in your online account (shore excursions, dining and show reservations, check in, etc), that's why they are telling you to go to the website.  

I believe that the Haven guests still get luggage tags in the mail.  Not positive about that but they should.

• Like 1

I think we would have heard from some regular Haven/suite pax if NCL had stopped sending the letter with the luggage tags.  Maybe it would save a tree or two if they did stop sending them in the mail... maybe. 

Here's another hug in case you need it 😉 ~~(((Hug)))~~ 

In the meantime, I'm still waiting to see if they really will cancel my cruise  b/c they messed up my bill payment. Only time will tell. Hang in there Shoppie... best of luck. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

That may be the case but does anywhere in the original post say that they are in the Haven?

I didn't mention it...  I was afraid this would turn to a TCZ convo😂

We are in the Haven

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I think we would have heard from some regular Haven/suite pax if NCL had stopped sending the letter with the luggage tags.  Maybe it would save a tree or two if they did stop sending them in the mail... maybe. 

Here's another hug in case you need it 😉 ~~(((Hug)))~~ 

In the meantime, I'm still waiting to see if they really will cancel my cruise  b/c they messed up my bill payment. Only time will tell. Hang in there Shoppie... best of luck. 

Hopefully you will be good to go!!!  Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

Sooo..  A little background... We are used to vacationing at the house of the mouse... they bombard you with emails and snail mail.. for planning, luggage tags, magic bands, etc

i would like a magic band that makes an NCL bar waiter appear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I can't remember the last time they sent luggage tags in the mail.  Everything is done in your online account (shore excursions, dining and show reservations, check in, etc), that's why they are telling you to go to the website.  

Somehow I got luggage tags for my Alaska Bliss sailing in a studio. Was wondering what in the world NCL was mailing me...

7 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Somehow I got luggage tags for my Alaska Bliss sailing in a studio. Was wondering what in the world NCL was mailing me...

We received luggage tags for the first time on our upcoming Alaska Joy sailing in a balcony.  That was a surprise.  I thought maybe it was because we were Platinum, but we were Platinum for our May cruise and did not receive luggage tags by mail.  

OP, if your cruise is less than say 55 days away and you haven't received a letter, give the pre-Concierge a call at 1-855-625-4283 and they can help you with luggage tags, any requests you might have, etc.  I've had a couple of cruises where they forgot to send me the letter, so if I don't get it in a timely manner, I just give them a call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

All stuff I learned from CC

Super!  And since only about 3% of all cruisers are on CC, it's still valuable info for those who aren't. In the meantime, make some origami or something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Super!  And since only about 3% of all cruisers are on CC, it's still valuable info for those who aren't. In the meantime, make some origami or something.

I made mine into a paper airplane which I am throwing around my office

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samzing said:

We received luggage tags for the first time on our upcoming Alaska Joy sailing in a balcony.  That was a surprise.  I thought maybe it was because we were Platinum, but we were Platinum for our May cruise and did not receive luggage tags by mail.  

I see you're on the Breakaway in August! We are too!

2 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

I have been on these boards reading learning and planning our upcoming cruise.  I received this envelope today... To my disappointment it  more of an advertisement for their website.. no concierge letter, no luggage tags, no new info 😪

2.jpg

1.jpg

We got the same useless letter today. As my wife was reading it out loud, I was saying "I've done all of that",  "I've done all of that",  "I've done all of that".  Then I realized it was nothing but a total waste of time. Reminded me of something the government would send out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rtread said:

We got the same useless letter today. As my wife was reading it out loud, I was saying "I've done all of that",  "I've done all of that",  "I've done all of that".  Then I realized it was nothing but a total waste of time. Reminded me of something the government would send out.

Paper airplanes...

NCL IT department strikes again.  I got the same and as soon as I was booked on a cruise, I did all my stuff on the website.  They need to change the form letter to see if the cruiser already has done all their on-line stuff.

Goes hand in hand with their recent issues with system upgrades (or downgrades depending on perspective)

3 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

2.jpg

1.jpg

So sorry you have having trouble.  A good travel agent or PCC would have handled it for you.

I offered this explanation for my wife:

This woman (V.E.) goes into her bosses office for her yearly performance evaluation. After a scathing review, her boss says:  "Just go do something, dammit!" So she goes back to her office and comes up with that. 

• Haha 1