3 Day Sale

taba

Yes.  I saw it this morning online and called HAL.  I had booked a cruise for December while on board the Oosterdam just a few weeks ago and got $500 in OBC and some other suite perks.  $200 of that was for booking on board.  Plus I only put down $200 deposit.  The customer service rep gave me the 3 day special which added another $300 to the OBC and left the lower price and deposit I got when booking on board.

I've got a call into my TA so we shall see. From the numbers I ran it would save us approx $50 pp x 4. Not devastating if HAL says no dice but every little bit helps. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by fatcat04

50 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

I saw it this morning online

How does it work?  If I already have a cruise booked, with a promo, can I apply a new promo?  Do I have to cancel & rebook?

Edited by Shmoo here

I just sent a message to my travel agent regarding this. We booked under another promo but if I read this correctly by paying $76. more we would get $300 each OBC instead of $150. each. I don't want to change cabins.  Will see what she can do.

Holland America is changing its pricing a lot lately. I just had our T.A. switch our booking to add $300 OBC from the Oceans of Extra promotion yesterday. Today she's in the process of switching us to the 3 Day Sale to get an additional $300 OBC. Two days ago we had no OBC.... about to have $600. Nice. 🙂

• Like 2

I also asked my TA to check into this 3 day sale, I sent a screenshot of the terms and conditions.

Problem is, HAL did not specify which sailings were applicable.  My TA said that my sailing (fall 2020) does not apply, apparently only up to spring 2020?  My TA was annoyed and let HAL know they should specify in the terms, it would save both ends a lot of time and aggravation.   

Edited by CJcruzer

1 minute ago, CJcruzer said:

I also asked my TA to check into this 3 day sale, I sent a screenshot of the terms and conditions.

Problem is, HAL did not specify which sailings were applicable.  My TA said that my sailing (fall 2020) does not apply, apparently only up to spring 2020?  My TA was annoyed and let HAL know they should specify in the terms, it would save both ends a lot of time and aggravation.   

Yeah, there's a place to see the itineraries under the sale.  The furthest out was Apr 2020.  Guess I've got to wait and see if the fall cruise we've got will get any deals later.

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

Yeah, there's a place to see the itineraries under the sale.  The furthest out was Apr 2020.  Guess I've got to wait and see if the fall cruise we've got will get any deals later.

thanks, guess I missed that !  My spring itinerary has very good promo/deals attached to it from original booking, better than the 3 day sale offers.  

2 hours ago, twentyknots said:

Yes.  I saw it this morning online and called HAL.  I had booked a cruise for December while on board the Oosterdam just a few weeks ago and got $500 in OBC and some other suite perks.  $200 of that was for booking on board.  Plus I only put down $200 deposit.  The customer service rep gave me the 3 day special which added another $300 to the OBC and left the lower price and deposit I got when booking on board.

Congratulations,  Well  Done !

I might have to call  my PCC tomorrow 

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Holland America is changing its pricing a lot lately. I just had our T.A. switch our booking to add $300 OBC from the Oceans of Extra promotion yesterday. Today she's in the process of switching us to the 3 Day Sale to get an additional $300 OBC. Two days ago we had no OBC.... about to have $600. Nice. 🙂

That is great!!

Enjoy your shipboard credit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

That is great!!

9 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

That is great!!

REAlly Nice.  

Enjoy

• Like 1

I just called HAL to see if our January cruise qualifies.  I waited on hold 15 minutes while the agent checked with a lead agent.  She came back and told me she added $300 obc to our cruise.  Not bad for a 15 minute call! 🙂

• Like 1

Our TA called to see if our 24 day itinerary next May would qualify for this promotion. She was informed that we would need to give up the SBP and PG dinner, along with higher pricing to qualify for this.  Seems like HAL is not being very consistent in their handling of this offer. 

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Any chance you could post the other pages? Thanks! 

When you go to the HAL website, and click on "Cruise Deals" (upper right) and then again "Cruise Deals" on the left,  it takes you to the page with the sale listed on it.  Just click on the image in the 3 Day Sale window.  On the next page, on the right are various pictures of the various itineraries that qualify.  Click on the "See Details" link in which ever area you are interested in and it will have which specific cruises qualify for the sale perks.

• Like 1

Just another reason why we will NEVER book another HAL cruise using the nonrefundable option unless it makes economical sense just before final payment is due. We've seen the promotional fare drop a few times now on our 40 day cruise below the restricted fare we paid last year, with some great promotions like tbis one included.

The one bright note is that every time we brought up the issue to our TA that we would pay the cancellation fee to refare with the cheaper promotional fare, he would  get HAL to make it worthwhile for us to pass. The last time we got $1,000 future cruise credit plus a $200 beverage card. So, it hasn't been too painful of a lesson, but definitely a lessened learned.

8 hours ago, taba said:

Has anyone had success booking under the new 3 day sale? It looks like the OBC has double over the current promotion.

Thank you Taba! I've been checking and waiting for the cruise prices to go down. This double OBC was the nudge I needed to book my cruise today. I did get double OBC -- $300 instead of $150 for a Veranda cabin on a 10-day Panama cruise.

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Our TA called to see if our 24 day itinerary next May would qualify for this promotion. She was informed that we would need to give up the SBP and PG dinner, along with higher pricing to qualify for this.  Seems like HAL is not being very consistent in their handling of this offer. 

That also happened with us in our cruise!

Denise😊

PS we left it the same