Carnival Vista cancellation

vbecky

Wondering if anyone else is under impression you get cruise fare refunded then a 100% future cruise credit used by December 2020? That’s how I take the letter to mean but being told can only do one of them? Just curious what others are finding.  Thanks 

7 minutes ago, vbecky said:

Wondering if anyone else is under impression you get cruise fare refunded then a 100% future cruise credit used by December 2020? That’s how I take the letter to mean but being told can only do one of them? Just curious what others are finding.  Thanks 

Yes, as I have read in other posts, the 100% future cruise credit must be used in a booking sailing before December 21st, 2020.

6 minutes ago, vbecky said:

Telling me what.  That can’t use both carnival. The letter stating you receive both is posted and was emailed 

so who told you can't get both? Was it a Carnival rep on the phone? If so call back and talk to someone that knows what they are talking about or escalate to Supervisor.

9 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, as I have read in other posts, the 100% future cruise credit must be used in a booking sailing before December 21st, 2020.

Yes that’s what I thought too. Carnival when called said either refund or credit not both? I guess maybe I keep calling back. 

Just now, vbecky said:

Yes that’s what I thought too. Carnival when called said either refund or credit not both? I guess maybe I keep calling back. 

As I have heard, you get BOTH 100% refund and 100% future cruise credit. 

From what I understand and from what I've read here and other places, you get the 100% refund and the 100% future cruise credit, but the future cruise credit is based on what you were going to spend for the first cruise.

ie: if you purchased a cabin for $500 per person, you get that $500 (plus taxes, etc) back. Your future cruise credit is $500, so if you book a cabin on your future cruise which is $800 per person, you get the $500 cruise credit applied and you are responsible for the extra $300.