Price of a Princess Robe?

Wren_dc

Hello,

Does anyone know the current price of a Princess robe?  I'm leaving for a cruise on the Crown Princess this week, and a family member has asked me to purchase one for her in the gift shop. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

I don't know, but I got one with the ultimate ship tour.   I think they also gave me two photo albums and bbq apron.   I really only wanted the pictures they took that day.  The personalized stationary was a nice touch too.  :)    If you really WANT the gifts, it was worth it and I just enjoyed myself and wish they hadn't given the gifts because it was misery to pack them.   I ended up giving the robe to a friend whose daughter wanted a white robe.

If you take the UST or find a way to buy a robe separately, be prepared for packing.

The UST swag comes to the cabin in a Princess blue bag. Don't open any of the packages (they get fluffier after you open them 😉). Just use the bag or a carry-on item. If you need to pack them in a suitcase...the robe weights 2+ pounds.

All the swag from the UST is at least 5 lbs.

If you aren't flying, none of the above is a major issue.

We have been cruising with Princess since 2004.

I have never seen a robe for sale in a shop onboard any of the ships.

As others have said,you may have to take the ship tour for $150 and get the gifted robe from that program.

And no,I don’t think Princess sells robes over the phone to send to your home.

My Mom bought several robes through out the years. As stated above - there is the plush one and a waffle one.

I don't remember seeing one in the shops but I think we asked for one in the shops and they went and got us one.

Last I knew - they were $45/waffle one and $90 for the premium/plush one.

Edited by Coral

44 minutes ago, denmarks said:

There are 2 kinds. The waffle version is the one given on the ultimate tour. The plush robe is about $100.

The one I got on the UST is very heavy (as I posted above - actually almost 3 lbs.). It has heavy cuffs and a criss-cross design. Is that what you're calling the "waffle" version? It's really nice quality, very soft, very warm.

The only issue I had with it was...I hate the belt to keep it closed. I bought an extra long zipper and installed it, much more convenient.

3 hours ago, Wren_dc said:

Hello,

Does anyone know the current price of a Princess robe?  I'm leaving for a cruise on the Crown Princess this week, and a family member has asked me to purchase one for her in the gift shop. 

We were on the Emerald Princess Tranatlantic in May of this year and they had the robs in the gift shop on board. I can't remember how much exactly they were, but I'm thinking $100 plus US.

Tom

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

My Mom bought several robes through out the years. As stated above - there is the plush one and a waffle one.

I don't remember seeing one in the shops but I think we asked for one in the shops and they went and got us one.

Last I knew - they were $45/waffle one and $90 for the premium/plush one.

Thank you!  That price information is very helpful.

Some friends bought some in the shop on the Star Princess a few years ago, so I think they might be available if you ask.

1 hour ago, Wren_dc said:

Thank you!  That price information is very helpful.

Some friends bought some in the shop on the Star Princess a few years ago, so I think they might be available if you ask.

It maybe $10 higher now. I found some info online from 2014 or so with those prices. I do know we did buy them from the store on the ship and they were not displayed - they went and got them. My Mom used to get a waffle one every few years.

Edited by Coral

13 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The one I got on the UST is very heavy (as I posted above - actually almost 3 lbs.). It has heavy cuffs and a criss-cross design. Is that what you're calling the "waffle" version? It's really nice quality, very soft, very warm.

The only issue I had with it was...I hate the belt to keep it closed. I bought an extra long zipper and installed it, much more convenient.

I have been on the tour twice, about 4 and 6 years ago. I had heard that the gift was the heavy terry cloth robe but both times it was the light waffle weave robe. The first time I also received a chef's jacket but not the second.

18 hours ago, Wren_dc said:

Hello,

Ask Stewart.   With the 20% coupon you can get a super plush one for $80 USD.  Includes an interesting behind the scenes tour of the ship.   

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I've seen both the waffle, and plush versions for sale onboard. They are usually stacked flat in a bin. You won't see one hanging up. Robes can also be found on Ebay, some are new, some are used. Read each listing carefully, and take your time. I spent a few weeks browsing the listings and scored a plush robe for my wife, still in the package for just $45 including shipping.

Edited by CineGraphic

19 hours ago, MJU said:

EBAY has several for $30 plus.  There is also a set with robe, apron, picture frame for $50 all in original packaging

I just bought the set for $40, my bid was accepted immediately.  

• Like 1

I did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Grand. It was AMAZING! Now, in addition, when I cook or wear the robe, there are some wonderful memories that come flooding back.😍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thanks for all the replies.  I've just returned from our cruise on the Crown, and I wanted to post the most recent information about robes in case anyone in the future searches for this information.

According to the staff member I spoke to, all Princess ships offer robes for sale in the gift shop for $75 (this is for a new version of the robe the steward puts in your cabin).  I was also told that you can request a new robe from your room steward for your cabin (and then the $75 would appear on your account).

The robes are a bit pricey, but they make fun gifts.  The two family members I gave them to love them! 

IMG_3474.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Don't mean to be insulting but why anyone would pay the original prices for a Robe is beyond me! Will buy one when I hit the lottery maybe!

After having worn the waffle robe while I was on the cruise, I decided against taking one home as it was too heavy plus it was a bit too big for me and I really did not like the belt.  Not worth the $75, so I left it on the bathroom hook.  I have my free slippers and that is good enough for me.

• Like 1