Deluxe Beverage Package question (new to RCCL)

1 minute ago, Tess2326 said:

I want to order one DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE for 49 dollars each day but this online won't let us to book one deluxe beverage package as we don't want two.  I like champagne and don't think I use it lot ..

How can I book just for one not two?

Royal requires both people in a stateroom to get the Deluxe package.

However, if you call to order, they will normally allow you to get one Deluxe and one Refreshment package.

What is the normal price for the package?  I am booked on the Symphony in July, 2020 and our cruise planner price is $57 which they say already reflects a discount.  Is that a 20% discount or even with a special sale for 30% off will I not find it much cheaper?  I was fortunate enough to get the $18 rate but none of my family members were able to snag it.  I must have been the last one before they changed the rates!

1 hour ago, Tess2326 said:

I want to order one DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE for 49 dollars each day but this online won't let us to book one deluxe beverage package as we don't want two.  I like champagne and don't think I use it lot ..

How can I book just for one not two?

If the other person in your cabin doesn’t drink due to personal, religious and/or medical reasons than you can call RCCL and let them know about this and they should allow you to purchase one alcohol package for yourself and the refreshment package for the person that doesn’t drink, but this can only be done via a phone call and not online. 

Happy Cruising. 

1 hour ago, brucefan21 said:

What is the normal price for the package?  I am booked on the Symphony in July, 2020 and our cruise planner price is $57 which they say already reflects a discount.  Is that a 20% discount or even with a special sale for 30% off will I not find it much cheaper?  I was fortunate enough to get the $18 rate but none of my family members were able to snag it.  I must have been the last one before they changed the rates!

The price does vary, but you will usually find the current regular (No Discount) onboard price between $65 and $70 +18%.  Regular prices in Cruise Planner are usually 20% off of planned onboard price for your Cruise/Ship. So you will usually find the price in the planner at between $52 and $57 + 18%.  If your cruise is in a year from now, I would be willing to bet the regular onboard price will go up by a few bucks by then.  As you get closer to your cruise you will likely see discounts in the planner of 25% ($46 - $50 + 18%) and sometimes 30% ($42 - $46).  Newer/Bigger ships tend to have the higher per drink prices and a $13 per drink coverage in the package.  Smaller/older ships are currently at the $12 coverage, so we generally see a slightly lower per day price on the older/smaller/longer cruise itineraries.

Then there is the odd glitch that completely derails all of the above 😉

All of the info above is my own general observations and there are many exceptions, so not intended as a set in stone guideline.

The good thing is that the Cruise Planner makes it easy to cancel and re-purchase, so as soon as you see a price you are willing to pay, you can purchase, then if you see a better sale, cancel, repurchase and take the money you saved and reallocate it to anything of your choosing 🙂

I wish you and your Family a great cruise.

dp

Edited by dpostman

You'll probably (but not guaranteed) see a lower price over Black Friday / Cyber Monday.  

As stated, you can always cancel and rebook if you see a lower price later.  

7 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

dp and brillohead - thank you so much for your responses.  This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise so we are trying to make sure we know all the other expenses we have coming up!  Really appreciate the help!

You're very welcome!  That's what Cruise Critic is all about -- sharing info so everyone can have the best possible cruise experience!

• Like 1

dp and brillohead - thank you so much for your responses.  This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise so we are trying to make sure we know all the other expenses we have coming up!  Really appreciate the help!

No problem at all.  For my wife and I, the beverage packages are the next most expensive item onboard after the room. More than specialty restaurants, more than excursions.  So I can understand why CC gets so many questions about it.  Plus, it's not like Royal makes it easy or clear to understand either.

Cheers 🍻

dp

We are first time cruisers and got the drinks package as an offer with our booking, does anyone know if the 18% tip is added to our account even though we've got the package or do we tip in cash as we purchase?

5 minutes ago, Pedders said:

We are first time cruisers and got the drinks package as an offer with our booking, does anyone know if the 18% tip is added to our account even though we've got the package or do we tip in cash as we purchase?

Tips are already included in your package!👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pedders said:

If you are purchasing for a cruise based out of the UK, then tips are already included and you will not be assessed any more when you purchase drinks.  You may get a receipt with an "additional tip" line, however that is totally up to you if you want to tip more that you have been charged already.

1 minute ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Isn't that ALWAYS the case no matter how you purchased the package?🤔

Purchasing in the US (and other places) always added gratuity to the displayed price. 

Trying to note the difference at initial purchase, not at drink order time.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Purchasing in the US (and other places) always added gratuity to the displayed price. 

Trying to note the difference at initial purchase, not at drink order time.

But in any case all tips will be included in the package and not added when used on the ship...👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

But in any case all tips will be included in the package and not added when used on the ship...👍

Correct, except for when the drink cost exceeds the package limit, in which case, the guest will be charged the difference (everywhere) plus 18% of the difference (cruises not based out of the UK or Australia).