Ovation Seattle to Alaska, July 5, 2019

I just returned from the June 14 and had a great time! I do have all my compasses with the schedule for each day, but I don't have the software to scan them.  As for must-dos, definitely see The Beautiful Dream show in the main theatre and the a capella group Mosaic if they are on your sailing.  Some in our party did the iFly experience, and they loved it.  Unless you can schedule NorthStar on the glacier day, I'd skip it.  Sorrento's pizza is great, and the specialty dining venues are also great but a little pricey.  The Solarium is a great place to hang out, and the Solarium Bistro was a wonderful place to have breakfast or lunch.  It's also relaxing to hang out in 270--I'd recommend it over the Windjammer for lunch the first day you board.  If you have any specific questions, just ask away.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 9:15 AM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

5 hours ago, lacy1101 said:

For those who have done the Alaskan cruise on Ovation (I understand this is a fairly new itinerary), would you happen to have the daily schedule of events or any tips for must-do's on the ship?  Thanks!

The link above has the 5-24 compass, it should be similar.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, AlanF65 said:

The link above has the 5-24 compass, it should be similar.

I reviewed the 5/24 sailing's compasses, and they were very similar to mine for the 6/14 sailing.  The production shows were the same but there were different headliners on my cruise.  Also, we had a Bon Jovi tribute band, and this cruise had a Led Zepellin one.  Some of the trivia type games were different, and the enrichment speakers and corresponding topics were a little different.  Most of it was the same.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, tiger belle said:

I just returned from the June 14 and had a great time! I do have all my compasses with the schedule for each day, but I don't have the software to scan them.  As for must-dos, definitely see The Beautiful Dream show in the main theatre and the a capella group Mosaic if they are on your sailing.  Some in our party did the iFly experience, and they loved it.  Unless you can schedule NorthStar on the glacier day, I'd skip it.  Sorrento's pizza is great, and the specialty dining venues are also great but a little pricey.  The Solarium is a great place to hang out, and the Solarium Bistro was a wonderful place to have breakfast or lunch.  It's also relaxing to hang out in 270--I'd recommend it over the Windjammer for lunch the first day you board.  If you have any specific questions, just ask away.

Was the Solarium Bistro open for dinner and was it complimentary, as it is on the Anthem?

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Was the Solarium Bistro open for dinner and was it complimentary, as it is on the Anthem?

Solarium Bistro is available for dinner booking for our August 30 cruise, and there is no charge.

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They left a flyer in our cabin toward the end of the cruise (6th night?)  inviting us to go to Solarium Bistro for dinner the final night,  saying it was “complementary with a few menu items with separate charge”.