Baltic , Norway , Iceland and the U.K. on the Zuiderdam 2019 with photos

12 hours ago, Walt fan said:

Thank you so much!  I don't know why I didn't think of them; we used them for a tour in San Francisco, which was one of the best tours we have ever had.  And, I have not heard of this museum, looking it up right now.  I learn so much from posters like you, you are too kind.  

We also learn from other posters and we had a nice tour with some other photographers that was set up by a lady from Texas on our roll call in Iceland .

We have visited Ireland before with a nice couple who we hit hit off with in South America . They live on the Isle of Man and we were going to do a bus tour around Ireland but our friends offered to bring their van over on the ferry and drove us around . A couple of photos of what we saw .

From Cork and the ring of Kerry .

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2081-Copy.jpg

1b96845f-1d86-4af9-ac8a-530a33ec9c16_zps

IMG_2065-Copy.jpg

From Belfast

IMG_1407800x532.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

The Cliffs of Moher

IMG_1775-001_zps2b3ea079.jpg

We flew in and out of Dublin but didn't visit . We plan on visiting there this time and are open to suggestions .

As usual, amazing photos.  If I find anything on my research I will let you know!  My SIL just went recently, but she and her family are just kind of wanderers without a plan and didn't have much to share, other than the Cliffs of Moher were amazing but very crowded.  

3 hours ago, Walt fan said:

As usual, amazing photos.  If I find anything on my research I will let you know!  My SIL just went recently, but she and her family are just kind of wanderers without a plan and didn't have much to share, other than the Cliffs of Moher were amazing but very crowded.  

Thank you . We did book with Tours by Locals for Cork , Belfast and Dublin .

It looks like going to Geiranger and Flam on a cruise ship may be eliminated in the not too distant future as shared by Cruising Along 4 Now. We're booked for Flam next year on the Zuiderdam and we hope that we will be able to go there .

CruisingAlong4Now

• Cool Cruiser
  • March 26, 2006
  •  
  • 434 posts
  • USA

Many of the cruise lines are showing 2020 cruises to the Norwegian fjords.  However, Crystal has recently cancelled their cruising of the fjords, presumably because of their parliament's decision regarding emissions. https://www.dnvgl.com/expert-story/maritime-impact/Norway-challenges-the-cruise-industry-to-operate-emission-free.html?utm_campaign=MA_19Q1_ART_Cru_109_Environmental+restrictions+Norwegian+fjords&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

Any information on other cruise lines changes of itinerary?

56 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We don't mind paying a levy or a port charge we just don't like seeing the ports closed .

I agree, of course the levy is put into the fare, and is not a separate fee, so the passenger would not see it until they get a  breakdown of port fees and taxes.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree, of course the levy is put into the fare, and is not a separate fee, so the passenger would not see it until they get a  breakdown of port fees and taxes.

Just to reiterate our concern about cancellations in the fjords of Norway , we saw this morning that the HAL Nieuw Statendam had cancelled the port of Flam on the July 5th cruise . This port was one of the main reasons that we booked the Zuiderdam TA crossing in August . We hope that they don't replace Flam with a less desirable port since we have a full day planned in Flam . The post was # 3 at this link :

• 1 month later...