HOS April 25, 2021 cancelled for routine maintenance

Just got an email that our Apr. 25, 2021 on Harmony is cancelled. How can I find out the maintenance schedule for the ships and dates they offered. I want to try to make sure I don't keep running into this problem. They also said our original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate and since we have a balcony we will also get an additional $200 OBC. Below are the ships and dates they are offering as replacements. 

Allure of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

• April 4thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel Mexico.
  • April 11thsailing to Nassau, Bahamas | Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas | San Juan, Puerto | Labadee, Haiti.
  • April 18thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 25thsailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

Oasis of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on:

• April 4thsailing to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis | Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 11thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 18thsailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Labadee, Haiti.
  • April 25thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel Mexico.

Symphony of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

• April 10thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 17thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 24thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

4 minutes ago, lilcruiser2 said:

Just got an email that our Apr. 25, 2021 on Harmony is cancelled. How can I find out the maintenance schedule for the ships and dates they offered. I want to try to make sure I don't keep running into this problem. They also said our original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate and since we have a balcony we will also get an additional $200 OBC. Below are the ships and dates they are offering as replacements. 

Allure of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

• April 4thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel Mexico.
  • April 11thsailing to Nassau, Bahamas | Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas | San Juan, Puerto | Labadee, Haiti.
  • April 18thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 25thsailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

Oasis of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on:

• April 4thsailing to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis | Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 11thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 18thsailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Labadee, Haiti.
  • April 25thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel Mexico.

Symphony of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

• April 10thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 17thsailing to Labadee, Haiti | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • April 24thsailing to Cozumel, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

Well, where was your sailing originally going to? If I had to chose, I would chose the April 4th on the Oasis of the Seas.

Our original sailing was St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Cococay. We are leaning towards the April 4th with that itenarery for the replacement but may still pick another one. 

They did not state dry dock in the email, only routine maintenance. I am wondering if I can find a dry dock/maintenance schedule or anyone knows where I might be able to get this information. 

We were on Allure in February with most of the April 18 itinerary.   It was a very good trip.

My first choice from the list you show would be Apr 25 on Allure.   I like the stops.    2nd would be April 18 on Allure.

4 minutes ago, lilcruiser2 said:

Our original sailing was St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Cococay. We are leaning towards the April 4th with that itenarery for the replacement but may still pick another one. 

Symphony is the closest you will get to Harmony, however, Oasis and Allure will be upgraded without very similar amenities both Harmony and Symphony have. 

Edited by jbethel11
grammatical errors

3 minutes ago, lilcruiser2 said:

They did not state dry dock in the email, only routine maintenance. I am wondering if I can find a dry dock/maintenance schedule or anyone knows where I might be able to get this information. 

I had in my notes that Harmony was due for dry dock in Spring 2021, but did not know the exact dates.  I guess they are firming up the dates now.

Oasis has a dry dock that ends in November 2019, so as long as there are no unexpected issues, you're good on Oasis for 5 years after November.

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I had in my notes that Harmony was due for dry dock in Spring 2021, but did not know the exact dates.  I guess they are firming up the dates now.

Oasis has a dry dock that ends in November 2019, so as long as there are no unexpected issues, you're good on Oasis for 5 years after November.

Except for the emergency drydocks to repair the problematic Azipods

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the exact same thing they did for the Allure sailings in April 2020.  Cancelled as it is time for the 5 year dry dock and Oasis class ships have to go to Europe as there are no drydocks large enough in North America.

Yes, I imagine Royal learned their lesson after the incident in Freeport. Maybe that is why they cancelled the April 25th sailing. To allow for transit time to/from Cadiz, Spain.

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, I imagine Royal learned their lesson after the incident in Freeport. Maybe that is why they cancelled the April 25th sailing. To allow for transit time to/from Cadiz, Spain.

They cancelled all 4 sailings in April for Harmony.  More to do with getting over there in the slow season so shes done her drydock for the peak sailing season in Europe.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We loved Mamma Mia on Allure (but that might change after drydock)

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than see Cats (Oasis)

What show is on Symphony?

Do you prefer a Saturday departure, or a Sunday departure?

2 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

We loved Mamma Mia on Allure (but that might change after drydock)

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than see Cats (Oasis)

What show is on Symphony?

Do you prefer a Saturday departure, or a Sunday departure?

We also loved Mama Mia on Allure.      We will be on Symphony in a few weeks.   The show is Hairspray.    From what I've heard, it's the best show of the bunch.   Looking forward to it.

We aren't picky about what day of the week departure is. I don't work at the this time. We are raising our grandbabies (who will not be going). My husband's job is pretty flexible with scheduling so we go places we want to go or ships we want to try. I'm just trying to make sure what we pick to replace the original sailing isn't going to run into cancellation for maintenance like this one did. I do know emergencies happen and it's a little under 2 years so anything can happen but I like to be fully prepared for our cruises ahead of time so that once I board the ship, all I have to do is relax. 

54 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

We also loved Mama Mia on Allure.      We will be on Symphony in a few weeks.   The show is Hairspray.    From what I've heard, it's the best show of the bunch.   Looking forward to it.

I like CATS

55 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

I heard the Aqua Show and Ice Show were exceptional,  hadn't heard anything special about Hairspray.  We'll see it this fall

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I heard the Aqua Show and Ice Show were exceptional,  hadn't heard anything special about Hairspray.  We'll see it this fall

I'll be doing a trip report after the July Symphony cruise.    I'll make a point to review the shows

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They cancelled all 4 sailings in April for Harmony.  More to do with getting over there in the slow season so shes done her drydock for the peak sailing season in Europe.

Do you think the TA will be earl April now. 🤔

That's a bummer, we're on Ovation headed to Singapore 😥