Greenock (Glasgow) Shuttle?

flydc

Greenock Central station is approximately a 25 minute walk from the cruise terminal, Greenock West slightly shorter & Fort Matilda slightly longer depending which route you want to walk - otherwise a taxi is your best bet to Greenock Central.  All 3 stations are on the same line and there are 4 trains an hour (2 an hour are fast taking around 10 minutes less), and fares range between £5.80 & £10.90 return into Glasgow Central......further details at https://www.scotrail.co.uk

Sounds like there's no shuttle. However, I just wanted to point out that somewhere in the Oceania section of Cruise Critic there's a thread on the availability of shuttles.  Someone is maintaining a list by port, reporting people's experiences.  Generally though, when the docking location is far from a city, there's no free shuttle.  An example would be if you docked in Cadiz and wanted to get to Seville.

Occasionally I'll google to find a website for the port.  Sometimes a port website has information on how to reach the city/downtown area, etc. - and sometimes there's info on a shuttle.  

Edited by roothy123

On our O stop at Greenock a couple of years ago, there was no shuttle to Glasgow.  You had to take a train.  The train station is about a 15-20 minute walk from the port, mostly level, and you could cut through the mall if you wanted to walk by the "main" square in the town which is close to the train station.

7 hours ago, roothy123 said:

I just wanted to point out that somewhere in the Oceania section of Cruise Critic there's a thread on the availability of shuttles.  Someone is maintaining a list by port, reporting people's experiences. 

It's a sticky at the top of the Oceania Forum.  I don't know who is maintaining it or how often it is updated, but the most recent listing is post 451, page 19 of the thread.

Edited by 1985rz1