AARP Rewards for Good ending 7-25

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to buy up a few more gift cards for my August Cruise, and the site is so slow!  I have them in the cart, but can't even check out!  

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I am trying to buy up a few more gift cards for my August Cruise, and the site is so slow!  I have them in the cart, but can't even check out!  

If they are $500 cards and you have more than 2 in your cart, reduce the number to two and you should be good to go.

9 minutes ago, M4Travels said:

If they are $500 cards and you have more than 2 in your cart, reduce the number to two and you should be good to go.

You are right!  I had three.  So I bought 2, can I just go in now and order the other $500?

9 minutes ago, Roz said:

Where does it say it's ending July 27?

Roz

I received an email about it ending, but if you go up on the Rewards for Good site, it will tell you there.  If you can't find it go under HELP CENTER.  It is in there.  

1 minute ago, tw67 said:

You are right!  I had three.  So I bought 2, can I just go in now and order the other $500?

Yes.  You will receive them as two shipments but more than likely delivered on the same future date.

5 hours ago, Roz said:

I'm still confused.  Is it July 25 or 27 or August 20?

Roz

A couple of weeks ago (see the thread I linked to above), their original announcement got leaked somehow before they were ready. It had a July 19th deadline to earn points and an Aug. 20th deadline to redeem points. But they delayed it for some reason and that info became outdated. Now they give the new deadline of July 25th to earn points, but they haven't given us a set deadline to redeem points. They just say redeem them before the program ends in September. Supposedly they'll send out emails with "key dates," so they say. I never got the email that it was ending. I saw it on the website. By then, we knew it was happening, it just wasn't official yet. So if they don't give a definitive deadline to redeem points, I'd say do it by Sept. 1st to be safe.

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for the clarification.  I have a little over 7,000 points, so I guess the best course of action is to use them ASAP, preferably on Carnival gift cards. 😁

Roz

3 hours ago, Roz said:

Thanks to both of you for the clarification.  I have a little over 7,000 points, so I guess the best course of action is to use them ASAP, preferably on Carnival gift cards. 😁

Roz

I have over 67,000 points.    Was planning to buy Carnival gift cards at 1 or 2 a month for the next year.   There goes that plan  😞

4 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I have over 67,000 points.    Was planning to buy Carnival gift cards at 1 or 2 a month for the next year.   There goes that plan  😞

You had a plan, it went awry.  😪  I've had similar things happen with other points programs.

Roz

34 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I have 55k points now that I spent 20k points yesterday on 4 $500 gift cards. I hadn't planned to buy them all at once or this early as I just bought $600  worth of gift cards right before the announcement. I'm hoping that the new program will still offer them.

I bought 2 $500 GCs a couple of weeks ago after the announcement.  I have enough points to buy 2 more $500 GCs and will do so before the cut-off date the end of August.

I have about 70,000 points on Allstate Rewards so can continue to buy from them.

38 minutes ago, Sparky2 said:

I bought 2 $500 GCs a couple of weeks ago after the announcement.  I have enough points to buy 2 more $500 GCs and will do so before the cut-off date the end of August.

I have about 70,000 points on Allstate Rewards so can continue to buy from them.

I'm guessing you have to have Allstate insurance to get their points and buy the gift cards?

2 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

I'm guessing you have to have Allstate insurance to get their points and buy the gift cards?

Nope, you don't have to have allstate insurance. It's free to join.