Cruise Critic Community

Posted (edited)

Hello all - I'm a refugee from the April 10, 2020 Hawaii to Vancouver sailing 😞

Very sad about having to cancel that one due to the coronavirus nightmare, but now I want to start looking forward to this.  Never imagined we'd be on the Mardi Gras in its first year of operation, so very excited!  Was definitely out of our price range for a balcony but managed to get an aft-balcony due to the 'fire sale' going on right now.

Went from 30 days to 380 days but let the countdown begin again!

Edited by WorkerBee74

We just booked this one today & really excited!  Family of 6 from VA 🙂

Posted (edited)

Carnival's motto is "Fun For All-All For Fun". I've added the word ......"Eventually". Our family's March 22nd cruise on the Magic was on the verge of being cancelled because of COVID-19. Attempting to be proactive, I called our travel agent on 3/10 and had the cruise shifted to June 14th. It was the same ship and itinerary, and I even got the same cabin. Four days later the cruise lines cancelled all cruises until mid May. I was quite proud of myself,  thinking "It's only another 3 months, and this virus thing should be over by mid June". Needless to say all those efforts were for naught, for a few weeks later the June cruise was also cancelled. Giving up for this year, I set my sights on what was available for March 2021 and the Mardi-Gras 3/27 sailing aligned with our schedule. It's got almost the same itinerary as what we had booked on the Magic. From the photos & videos Iv'e seen, this ship looks amazing. I'm looking forward to experiencing that "new ship smell". So we've gone from a 12 day countdown, to 95 days, to 333 days as of today. Like I said, we'll get to the fun...... eventually.

Edited by jimable

On 4/28/2020 at 9:22 PM, ableman said:

Carnival's motto is "Fun For All-All For Fun". I've added the word ......"Eventually". Our family's March 22nd cruise on the Magic was on the verge of being cancelled because of COVID-19. Attempting to be proactive, I called our travel agent on 3/10 and had the cruise shifted to June 14th. It was the same ship and itinerary, and I even got the same cabin. Four days later the cruise lines cancelled all cruises until mid May. I was quite proud of myself,  thinking "It's only another 3 months, and this virus thing should be over by mid June". Needless to say all those efforts were for naught, for a few weeks later the June cruise was also cancelled. Giving up for this year, I set my sights on what was available for March 2021 and the Mardi-Gras 3/27 sailing aligned with our schedule. It's got almost the same itinerary as what we had booked on the Magic. From the photos & videos Iv'e seen, this ship looks amazing. I'm looking forward to experiencing that "new ship smell". So we've gone from a 12 day countdown, to 95 days, to 333 days as of today. Like I said, we'll get to the fun...... eventually.

We were originally on the Horizon for the 3/15 sailing.  Then we moved to the same ship/itinerary for 7/19.  We decided to cancel that one and move to this sailing.  Like you said - we’ll get there eventually and it’ll be all the sweeter.  We will really need a vacation by then!

How's everyone doing? This pandemic isn't getting anyone down is it? I'm essential (manufacturing for construction), so it hasn't changed my routine. 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:22 PM, ableman said:

Hi.. My Wife and I are booked on the Dec 12th. Mardi Gras Cruise. 

I like your quote  "Carnival's motto is "Fun For All-All For Fun". I've added the word ......"Eventually".  

I'm going to borrow it for my thread..Thanks