Day Pass save $ over renting chairs and buying food at beach?

Heatherco

Hi there!  We will be in Aruba next February and would like a great beach day.  I know we can get a day pass to resorts like the Barcelo or take a cab to a beach and lay out of pocket for chairs, umbrella and food and drinks.

Trying to figure out whether one is better than the other and if they would wind up costing about the same in the long run.  We are in port for around 12 hours so it will be a full day.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

While I don't know about day passes, I can definitely say don't take a taxi!  The local bus system works very well and is very inexpensive ($5pp r/t).  The bus stop is right across from the port.  Just tell them where you want to go and they'll direct you to the right bus.  We used them last time and saved quite a bit.  We chose to just throw our towels down on the beach (no cost) vs paying for chairs but there is no shortage of options if you want chairs.

2 chairs and 1umbrella seem to be renting for around $40.00 - $45.00 most places. There are plenty of places to rent, so there's no need to buy a day pass. There are places to get food and drinks along Eagle and Palm Beach.  Surfside Beach is another good option.  In February,  all of the resorts are full, and resort guests get up before dawn to claim their spot on the beach.  I know. I'm one of them. Many cruisers have reported that they were unable to find any shade even though they had day passes. You'll have a much better chance of getting shade if you rent from one of the vendors. 

Edited by Hatteras51