Advice from people who embarked in Copenhagen

dulcemariamar

3 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

How did you make it to the port?

I am thinking about taking public transportation there. It would require 2 buses.  I am traveling with a child so the benefit would be not worrying about a car seat. But the bus would take about 40 minutes 

I assume you are going from the airport (CPH) to the terminal.  I would also suggest a taxi as the easiest way, but the car seat is an issue if you aren't bringing one.  Maybe you can pre-book and specify a car seat -- not sure as I've not done this.  The cost of a taxi will be higher with how much higher depending on if there is a charge for your child on the metro/bus route.  

5 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

How did you make it to the port?

I am thinking about taking public transportation there. It would require 2 buses.  I am traveling with a child so the benefit would be not worrying about a car seat. But the bus would take about 40 minutes 

How old of a child?  Is he/she able to use a booster seat?  If so, the Bubblebum seat is great for traveling.  Just blow it up when you need it!

• Thanks 1

We took busses from our hotel to the cruise ship. We stay at a hotel near Tivoli. We had to transfer mid trip. The trick was figuring out which way to go to catch the second bus. We managed to figure it out okay and everything went fine.

We did the cruise with friends and our pre-cruise hotel called a station wagon taxi and it was 300 DKK flat rate (from area of Central Station).  We paid similar from port to post-cruise hotel (near Tivoli) and our friends were dropped of after at Central Station and they traveled to the airport hotel.  Incidentally, we stayed there as well a couple of days later and we all thought the Clarion airport hotel (on site) was excellent.  It is also very handy to the rail system.

We stayed near Tivoli Gardens and had the hotel call us a taxi the morning of departure.  It was very easy and not too costly.  Depending on the amount of luggage, I would recommend a taxi.

• Like 1

We rented an Airbnb downtown close to the train station.  We opted to do the two buses which were no problem for us (60 something's) but we were seated; it was hot; there was a gentleman sweating profusely holding onto an overhead strap and the sweat rolled down his arm onto me. Yuk!🙄

We went straight from the ship to the airport and took the Princess bus transport.  The trip to the airport was pretty easy, but if I remember correctly, we had to do a fair amount of walking to get inside the terminal, which might be difficult with a small child and luggage.

We also found the airport to be really confusing, but it was mobbed when we got there, so it might have just been the amount of people.

Just beware that the public bus stop is across the street from the first docking position.  But your ship could be in the third position which would put it several thousand feet from the bus stop.  If that happens you will have a long (but flat) walk and would have to drag all your own luggage.  Taxis are a bit expensive, but very convenient when you are trying to manage a kid and luggage.

Hank

We'll be in Copenhagen for the 7/15 Baltic Cruise.  I don't mind getting a taxi from the airport to our hotel - and another one next day to the ship.  I have a question:   Can you pay for the taxi with a credit card?  

Edited by Jessejo

From google: Copenhagen taxis accept all majorcredit cards. If you wish to pay withcredit card - let the driver know up front so he can sweep your card at the beginning of the ride. That is the custom. In Copenhagen you can hail ataxi anywhere on the street.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Denmal said:

From google: Copenhagen taxis accept all majorcredit cards. If you wish to pay withcredit card - let the driver know up front so he can sweep your card at the beginning of the ride. That is the custom. In Copenhagen you can hail ataxi anywhere on the street.

Thank you!

We have been in Copenhagen multiple times and have always used a taxi to/from the ship and to/from the airport.  Very easy.  We usually stay a few nights before or after a cruise, as the case may be, as we love Copenhagen!

We had considered taking the train and bus, but after finagling our suitcases over cobblestones for quite a distance the first day, we changed our minds and went with a taxi. I advise to have your hotel call a taxi because the 2 reputable taxis we had had agreements with the hotels and were great, whereas 2 taxis at the port post-cruise tried to screw us over, despite the dispatcher trying to intervene. One scam to look out for...they’re supposed to all accept credit cards. If they say they don’t, it means they’re trying to bypass the meter and get more money from you.