Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
2belgiantervs

MOCKTAILS on Summit

Recommended Posts

I should avoid caffeine and alcohol, plus watch the sugar. Any recommendations on mocktails on the cruise?

TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A lot of Mocktails and cocktails  are made from a packaged mix, and if there isn’t a sugar-free one available, they won’t be able to make one up for you. What do you drink at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As c  points out about the mocktails...

 

I recommend that you bring along a recipe list of drinks which are friendly to your diet/preferences and if the ingredients are available, the bartender will surely make you what you desire...

 

Cheers and bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

As c  points out about the mocktails...

 

I recommend that you bring along a recipe list of drinks which are friendly to your diet/preferences and if the ingredients are available, the bartender will surely make you what you desire...

 

Cheers and bon voyage

Great suggestion! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

 A lot of Mocktails and cocktails  are made from a packaged mix, and if there isn’t a sugar-free one available, they won’t be able to make one up for you. What do you drink at home?

Usually don’t. But, this is vacation, so will indulge in a few. Just looking to see if anyone has a favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most refreshing non-alc drinks I’ve had which, when compared to something like a virgin piña colada or others of that nature, was an orange soda (orange juice with soda water). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Syrreal said:

One of the most refreshing non-alc drinks I’ve had which, when compared to something like a virgin piña colada or others of that nature, was an orange soda (orange juice with soda water). 

Thank you, sounds great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mocktails are basically juice drinks loaded with all sorts of extra sugar, so I'd be very careful with it if sugar is a concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

Mocktails are basically juice drinks loaded with all sorts of extra sugar, so I'd be very careful with it if sugar is a concern.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might bring along your favorite artificial sweetener, if you preferred drinks need sugar. You might experiment at home to see how many packets are needed to get the sweetness you prefer.  If you can consume some alcohol you might try a white wine sprizer... which is essentially white wine, club soda and ice... refreshing and the alcohol content reduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kearney said:

You might bring along your favorite artificial sweetener, if you preferred drinks need sugar. You might experiment at home to see how many packets are needed to get the sweetness you prefer.  If you can consume some alcohol you might try a white wine sprizer... which is essentially white wine, club soda and ice... refreshing and the alcohol content reduced.

Thank you! Keep the good advice coming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried "shrubs" , using drinking vinegar?  25 cal/8 gm carb per 8oz serving for this company. https://shrub-farm.com/faq  dilute 1/2oz syrup to 8 oz sparkling.  Even though we have the Premium beverage package on our cruise, I may bring a bottle of syrup on board to  mix with Perrier.  Since you're on the East Coast, this company may have it in stores near you.  https://thehudsonstandard.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...