Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rach257

Cruise Cash vs. Cruise Cash Bar

Recommended Posts

I feel like this is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.....

I'm trying to hoard some Cruise Cash prior to my 8/19 sailing. I assume it will mostly be spent on drinks, with some specialty dining & excursions for good measure. Website says Cruise Cash can be spent anywhere, but then I noticed that there is specific Cruise Cash that can be only used at the bar. Should I be buying both?? I guess I'm just confused as to why they have specific Cruise Cash Bar if you can just use regular Cruise Cash at the bar also. Am i making sense? I guess my question is, can i use plain Cruise Cash at the bar or do I need to buy specific BAR Cruise Cash for drinks? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rach257 said:

I feel like this is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.....

I'm trying to hoard some Cruise Cash prior to my 8/19 sailing. I assume it will mostly be spent on drinks, with some specialty dining & excursions for good measure. Website says Cruise Cash can be spent anywhere, but then I noticed that there is specific Cruise Cash that can be only used at the bar. Should I be buying both?? I guess I'm just confused as to why they have specific Cruise Cash Bar if you can just use regular Cruise Cash at the bar also. Am i making sense? I guess my question is, can i use plain Cruise Cash at the bar or do I need to buy specific BAR Cruise Cash for drinks? TIA

I agree. It is a bit confusing. Both are nonrefundable, but Cruise Cash seems universal. In your case, I think you would benefit with just Cruise Cash, unless, of course, you intend on spending more than $500 during your cruise. I guess Cruise Bar cash supplements Cruise Cash since you can buy both and spend up to $500 on, let's say, jewelry and an additional $500 on drinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I agree. It is a bit confusing. Both are nonrefundable, but Cruise Cash seems universal. In your case, I think you would benefit with just Cruise Cash, unless, of course, you intend on spending more than $500 during your cruise. I guess Cruise Bar cash supplements Cruise Cash since you can buy both and spend up to $500 on, let's say, jewelry and an additional $500 on drinks. 

ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I didn't even think of that!!!! so smart. That makes so much sense! Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rach257 said:

ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I didn't even think of that!!!! so smart. That makes so much sense! Thank you!!!

Any time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to buy a little "bar" cash to make sure it's spent treating myself to a couple drinks.  

 

With the regular stuff, if you end up having leftovers, you can go to the casino, play the slots for a few minutes, and then cash out and be done.  Because it's not refundable, I wouldn't cash out without playing briefly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...