Breakfast in the Epicurean

Babyeddiedog

I can speak only as one of a couple, but we've only ever been seated together, without anyone else on the table. I'd guess that would apply to singles too, and certainly to 3 or 4 people together.

It's one of the main reasons we book a suite - wonderful breakfasts in a very civilised atmosphere, with superb service.  Lovely outside too when weather permits.  Can't speak highly enough of it.

• Thanks 1

Always had a table for 2 when we were there. That was on Ventura. 

Because we always used it we can’t compare it to the MDR breakfast. 

Not sure if Epicurean on Britannia has any outside space, we weren’t in a suite this time and didn’t use it at all. 

• Thanks 1

We had a table for the four of us on both the Azura and Britannia although our daughters did not always make it to breakfast. I do not remember there being any outside space on the Britannia but the surroundings, service and food was so good we didn’t mind. On both ships there was always plenty of room so not the need to share tables.

I am sure you will love breakfast in the Epicurean it is just a lovely start to the day and don’t miss the smoothies!

Juliax

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Is the breakfast the same as what you get in the MDR? 

I suspect it’s much the same menu, though the Eggs Benedict is available every day. 

What’s really different though is the ambience, the presentation, the quality and the level of service. The only comparison I can draw is with a boutique hotel we stayed at in Prague once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scriv said:

Is the breakfast the same as what you get in the MDR? 

The menu is slightly smaller than the MDR but if you are using the Epicurean on a regular basis and there is something you like which is not there they will get it for you, not necessarily that morning but in subsequent days.

• Like 1

What's breakfast like on Arcadia in Sindhu.

My only other experience  on Aurora in the glasshouse service was very nice everything cooked to order but the menu was limited. But I think Aurora has the fewest suites of any ship and glasshouse is small.

They also have the 'special of the day' (which is the same as in the MDR) in the Epicurean for breakfast, which I was happy about, as I enjoy the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on a Sunday!

Michele

37 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Can you invite table quests?

We are travelling in a suite in September but parents are not. Can we invite them to join us at our table?

I am afraid not.

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

We are travelling in a suite in September but parents are not. Can we invite them to join us at our table?

I don't believe so.  As nice as it would be to be able to, I did see a man getting quite upset that he wasn't allowed to take his "new friends" in.  Got the feeling he had been showing off about his suite and wanted to impress.  Backfired a little.  I guess P&O would also be a little hesitant about relaxing the rules a little as they would then be abused by many like everything else they try to do.           

Edited by chrisg1uk

No is a fine answer. I only wondered as we’re on a linked booking. The last time parents had the suite, Butler was happy to sort tender passes / dinner in cabin for all. Priority Embarkation and disembarkation we all did together. Parents didn’t want to walk all the way back for breakfast on Azura so we never found out. Slightly different to ‘new friends’. That’s all cool.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:42 PM, Mewat said:

They also have the 'special of the day' (which is the same as in the MDR) in the Epicurean for breakfast, which I was happy about, as I enjoy the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on a Sunday!

Michele

I didn't know this and none of the waiters have ever told us 😮 Do you have to ask? 

No outside eating area for Epicurean on Britannia.  However if you use the Retreat breakfast is a very nice outdoor experience.  Admittedly no hot food but that suited us.  Fruit plate .. cheese plate .. cold neat plate.  Cereals .. fresh fruit .. pastries.. rolls and preserves.  Yogurts and fruit smoothies and plenty of hot water for tea and fresh coffee and orange juice.  No rush ..plenty of seating ... perfect when the weather is good as it was for us. 

The food on offer changes at lunch time and is on a help yourself basis from fridges.  

Tea time sees a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones with fresh clotted cream and jam.  We loved the relaxed atmosphere so different from the regular buffet.  

For us we prefer the option of a regular delux balcony and then adding the retreat fee.   

We had a suite on our last trip on Britannia & had Breakfast in the Epicurian on our first morning,hard to knock it,we had our table for 2,the service & the food was superb,it was a very pleasant & civilised experience but after that we reverted back to the buffet,despite some appalling behaviour by some people we do like to be able to go around & chose what we like the look of & just pick what we want to eat,it can be a battle though!

12 minutes ago, snaefell said:

We had a suite on our last trip on Britannia & had Breakfast in the Epicurian on our first morning,hard to knock it,we had our table for 2,the service & the food was superb,it was a very pleasant & civilised experience but after that we reverted back to the buffet,despite some appalling behaviour by some people we do like to be able to go around & chose what we like the look of & just pick what we want to eat,it can be a battle though!

I’m amazed by that. We’re all different though, aren’t we.  🤔

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m amazed by that. We’re all different though, aren’t we.  🤔

After all this time we agree.

Never been in a suite or ever likely too on P&O but hate buffets on all ships whether it be breakfast or lunch and certainly forsake eating in Epicurean in lovely surroundings and service at a table for 2 to go to staff canteen, sorry buffet, and wander round looking for a table with a plate of food going cold and the hassle of people shoving and being rude.

Edited by majortom10

We have loved eating in the Epicurean on both Azura and Ventura - both ships have an outside seating area and there's nothing better than a civilised breakfast sat outside in the Caribbean sun - though under an awning, although some brave souls sit in the full sun.  Yes the menu is small but it's so good, so well cooked to order.  My husband loves the French toast with bacon and I like the Eggs Benedict with caviar hollandaise.  We have always had a table for 2, usually the same table if we were eating inside.  Sorry to hear that Britannia doesn't have an outside area, we have yet to travel on Britannia.

20 hours ago, majortom10 said:

wander round looking for a table with a plate of food going cold and the hassle of people shoving and being rude.

Well that is one thing we never do,we always make sure we have a table before we choose any food!

On 6/30/2019 at 11:10 PM, molecrochip said:

Our daughter always has a separate cabin adjacent to our suite, she has never had a problem joining us for breakfast, the butler arranges it with the restaurant manager. Maybe because she is a single person travelling with parents but it is at the managers discretion in the end.

Michele

I didn't know this and none of the waiters have ever told us 😮 Do you have to ask? 

No, we didn't have to ask - the waiting staff just told us what the special of the day was.  It is different every day, but seemed to tie in with the special of the day in the MDR.

Michele

3 hours ago, Mewat said:

Michele

I didn't know this and none of the waiters have ever told us 😮 Do you have to ask? 

No, we didn't have to ask - the waiting staff just told us what the special of the day was.  It is different every day, but seemed to tie in with the special of the day in the MDR.

Michele

That's great to know, we have never been offered a special of the day, we usually do 3 weeks over Xmas and would be nice to have an extra choice. I'm going to ask this year 💯  I also like smoked salmon and scrambled egg on Sundays 😍 thanks Michelle