Roll Call Inquiry

Debbie Day

What is the Roll Call used for?  I signed up but now don't know what to do with it.

Also, what does "Cool Cruiser" under my name mean?
Also also, does DW & DH stand for Dear wife/husband, or another D word:classic_cool:

Thanks

Edited by Debbie Day

53 minutes ago, Debbie Day said:

What is the Roll Call used for?  I signed up but now don't know what to do with it.

Also also, does DW & DH stand for Dear wife/husband, or another D word:classic_cool:

Thanks

Roll calls for river cruises don't really do much. First, the ships are small, so the chance of finding someone on your sailing is slight. Also, since excursions are included, there is no need to use a roll call to organize small group private excursions (which is one of the main uses of the ocean roll call forums). Thus, in the roll call forums there are 2 separate forums, one for Viking River Cruises and one for All Other River Cruises.

Rather than have individual sailings, the roll calls are usually split by cruise line and/or by route. Many of the excursions are common to a particular route; others are specific to the cruise line. You can ask questions about optional excursions (which of a choice of free excursions to choose or whether an extra cost excursion is worth it) or about amenities on the ship.

Ultimately, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the conversations that go on here (in the River Cruising and River Cruise Ports forums, and in the river cruising Roll Call forums.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Debbie Day said:

Cool Cruiser is what they call a member until you get to 3000 posts. It's just a category. Then you get promoted to the 3000+ club, 5000+ club, etc. 

You are correct on the DW/DH assumption. At least that's what most people take it to mean.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 4:01 PM, jpalbny said:

You are correct on the DW/DH assumption. At least that's what most people take it to mean.

Also --

SO -- significant other

BIL/SIL/MIL/FIL -- for the in-laws

and DD/DS and DB-- sons, daughters and siblings

On 6/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Cruise Critic was originally an AOL chat room, back in the day when things were 'cool.'  Be glad it doesn't say 'neato' :classic_ohmy:

Wait! What? Things are no longer 'cool'? When did that happen? How did I miss the memo?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Wait! What? Things are no longer 'cool'? When did that happen? How did I miss the memo?

I'm hip.  I've been hip so long, I was hip when it was hip to be hep!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Also --

SO -- significant other

BIL/SIL/MIL/FIL -- for the in-laws

and DD/DS and DB-- sons, daughters and siblings

Of course things are cool, why else would I be a Cool Cruiser?   LOL

• Like 1