Romantic Restaurant in Venice?

GeorgiaPeach51

We are taking our daughter and son in law to Italy in October and we will be in Venice on their tenth anniversary.  Does anyone have suggestions for a special place to suggest to them?  We will be in the Santa Croce section, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind some travel in order to have a memorable evening.

We have both been reading reviews and are a little befuddled due to the amount of apparently good choices.  Thanks in advance if you don’t mind sharing a favorite place.

Joanie

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

We are taking our daughter and son in law to Italy in October and we will be in Venice on their tenth anniversary.  Does anyone have suggestions for a special place to suggest to them?  We will be in the Santa Croce section, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind some travel in order to have a memorable evening.

We have both been reading reviews and are a little befuddled due to the amount of apparently good choices.  Thanks in advance if you don’t mind sharing a favorite place.

Joanie

I expect that you will get some good recommendations from fellow cruisecritic members.  I cannot provide any because my first ever visit to Venice is still a few months in the future.  I am contributing this comment only as a matter of perspective. 

Given that you are treating your daughter and son-in-law to a trip to Venice, the mere fact that they are there (at your expense) would make their tenth anniversary absolutely unforgettable, no matter which restaurant you choose.  Just saying, hey, you're doing a great job of making their anniversary extremely special.  Let us know if you are looking to adopt. 😉 

😄Scubadoobie2!  Thanks but I’m happy with the kids I have.  🤗 The daughter and SIL have had a very tough couple of years, so we’re happy to be able to treat them.  Actually, not a single reply, other than yours so, we are still guessing on romantic restaurants in Venice.

41 minutes ago, Langoustine said:

I like Antico Martini near the La Fenice Opera House. If you really want to knock their socks off, hire a water taxi to take you to Locanda Cipriani on Torcello.

Ouch!  That would certainly set you back a lot. 

Personally I think Locanda Cipriani is better at lunch; you can take in the lovely surroundings at Torcello.  

A splurge restaurant in the evening that I'd prefer would be Michelin-starred Quadri, overlooking Piazza San Marco. (Plus no 300 euro water taxi means more $$ to spend on dinner and wine....)

Edited by cruisemom42

On 7/2/2019 at 10:07 PM, Langoustine said:

I like Antico Martini near the La Fenice Opera House. If you really want to knock their socks off, hire a water taxi to take you to Locanda Cipriani on Torcello.

+1 on Antico Martini. We ate there a few nights ago. Service was excellent and both the outside area under a canopy with air conditioning inside was quite romantic. Very leisurely paced dinner. 

Catherine

On 7/6/2019 at 11:36 PM, clcmdse said:

+1 on Antico Martini. We ate there a few nights ago. Service was excellent and both the outside area under a canopy with air conditioning inside was quite romantic. Very leisurely paced dinner. 

Catherine

Thanks, Catherine.  I’ll pass this on and we might use it for all four of us for one night.  Appreciate you responding!

joanie