Hooked seafood on Symphony

We ate at Hooked for lunch on Nav last Feb. We thought it was quite good. It was a lot of food and we shared a few things. We split calamari, good but I don't understand being served grilled lemons.  Clam chowder was very good - huge portion. Our server told us the biscuits would be out of the oven soon. Told him not to serve as we thought we would probably not eat them and please don't waste good food. We both had fish and chips, mine without chips because I just can't eat so much. There's just a line in the sand! We did not get dessert. I kind of wished I had gotten the messy fish sandwich. The table next to us had it and it looked awesome.

To be extremely honest it was a freebie from our TA. I don't know if I would pay out of pocket but I would definitely go again. 

If you love seafood, don't miss Hooked.  Loved the clam chowder, fried calamari, surf & turf and the wonderful desserts.  Too much for me to complete the entire meal.  For the price, it's well worth it.  Only, disappointment is the lack of clams on the half shell which I truly love.

5 hours ago, roadburner said:

Thoughts on dining in “Hooked Seafood” on Symphony? Quality, quantity, value, etc.?

Reports have been mostly very positive.

Went last December.  We loved it.  Food was very good.  We purchased the BOGO and went to Chops and Hooked. If we had gone to Hooked first, we probably would have changed Chops to Hooked and gone a second night.  

My experience with Hook was that is was ok, nothing to write home about.  I had a dining package that made it about $25.    Service was very good and friendly.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Kind of disappointed they didn’t add this to the plans for Oasis. 

True, it's not like Royal to pass up adding something that generates good profit.  Perhaps the profit is not as good as they expected.

15 hours ago, roadburner said:

Thoughts on dining in “Hooked Seafood” on Symphony? Quality, quantity, value, etc.?

We enjoyed it, especially as it was a change from most of the other restaurants on Royal C  ships. It gets mixed reviews

m

Just ate there last night on Symphony. Outstanding. Vuroon was our waiter and he was great. There were 6 of us.  We had the drunken mussels, crab cakes, brie & champagne broiled oysters and raw oysters, clam & crab chowder. Each person ordered an appetizer and shared with the table for anyone who wanted a taste. All were excellent.

For entrees we had the whole Maine lobster, captains platter and surf and turf. My Mom asked for extra shrimp instead of the cod filet in the captain's platter. Vuroon also brought 1 lobster roll because we had asked about it. It was really good, but I  would order it for lunch or at happy hour at the bar jnstead of a dinner entree. The whole Maine lobster was HUGE and delicious. It comes split in two with the giant claws cracked. You can ask for drawn butter, it is served as browned butter adding a bit of sweetness.  The tail is stuffed with crab and topped with cheese. My 19 year old son who is a bottomless pit could not finish his lobster and it is his all time favorite food treat. We were so full we could not eat our desserts (cherry pie and chocolate brownie) so we asked for them to go. Oh, our sides were lobster mac and cheese and french fries. 

Highly recommend Hooked!!!!

Here is the updated menu (it was slightly different from what I found on line ahead of our cruise) as well as some food photos.

20190702_135859.jpg

20190701_190051.jpg

Whole Maine Lobster

20190702_140844.thumb.jpg.2c6a247fc087bcc517537acbbfeb352e.jpg

Captain's Platter

20190701_190559.thumb.jpg.9dd1b9560d1bcae25b3d04064285c75e.jpg

Lobster Roll

20190701_183346.jpg

Clam & Crab Chowder 

20190701_182059.jpg

Drunken mussels 

20190701_182110.thumb.jpg.03fbdf6e0f7c9c8d371cdf929552aeab.jpg

Crab Cake

20190702_141646.thumb.jpg.9d4138df545a40cab8276191fc5123cd.jpg

Champagne & brie broiled oysters 

20190701_194512.jpg

Chocolate Decadence Brownie 

20190701_194519.jpg

Cherry pie

Edited by CarmenCastalia
  • Like 3

We really liked Hooked on Symphony. My lobster was very tasty, but I was surprised at the brown butter. It turned out to be ok. My husband liked his clam chowder. We also liked the casual ambience. I would definitely book it again. 

Carmen— Thank you for posting the updated menu and wonderful pictures. We will be on Symphony in August with the Unlimited Dining pkg. and plan to do Hooked at least 3 times for lunch and dinner. My DH will be thrilled with addition of the Dover Sole.

Mary Ann

Guest BigRoger

Yep as per many others we loved Hooked.... we were lucky enough to do it many times on the Symphony TA from Barcelona last year when we had the ultimate dining package.

totally loved it - food great, service impeccable- it was by far our favourite speciality restaurant

we too are so disappointed it’s not going into Oasis and hoping it’s included in Allure next year

Am quite surprised at the positive reviews.  I had previously seen more mixed reviews.  And my experience with Hooked on Navigator was that it was poor -- not as good as other nights in Chops or Izumi (or lunch at Jamie's).  The quality of the seafood was poor (you can get much better on land) and the fish that came as part of a platter was way overcooked.  Best part of the platter was the lobster -- just ordering lobster as an entree may be the way to go!  Glad to see it may be better on Symphony.  I'll plan to try it again. 

On 7/3/2019 at 1:16 PM, JCDCA said:

Am quite surprised at the positive reviews.  I had previously seen more mixed reviews.  And my experience with Hooked on Navigator was that it was poor -- not as good as other nights in Chops or Izumi (or lunch at Jamie's).  The quality of the seafood was poor (you can get much better on land) and the fish that came as part of a platter was way overcooked.  Best part of the platter was the lobster -- just ordering lobster as an entree may be the way to go!  Glad to see it may be better on Symphony.  I'll plan to try it again. 

It's all about perspective and what you personally like or what the service was like that night. We thought Hooked on Navigator was fantastic, Chops was the worst experience we have had at Chops on all of our cruises, and that was our first time at Jamie's and decided we would never go again outside of having a package. We had the UDP on Harmony in May and went back to Jamie's and it was a completely different experience in both the food and service.