Online Check-In Questions

3 minutes ago, custompcsys said:

Ok, so basically I AM losing my mind 🙂  I swear I didn't see any box...really 😲

I don't doubt you and I doubt you are losing your mind.  However, working with the Royal website can lead to that condition.

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can simply go back and edit stuff on the check in page.

When I try that, here is what I get.  Notice it says at the top "Guests who do not provide credit card information must complete check-in at the port"

RCI.thumb.png.e1b4446b4c51f02cb69433fb459110d1.png

Edited by custompcsys

Haven't used the Online check In since 2017, was there an option if  say your room guest will use their own acct. I believe she plans to do her own online check in for our March cruise, I wouldn't want to have to leave the other persons blank unless i did all the check in for both of us. 

3 minutes ago, custompcsys said:

When I try that, here is what I get.  Notice it says at the top "Guests who do not provide credit card information must complete check-in at the port"

Could be a recent change to force people to give credit card numbers.  We shall see if this is reported by others.

Ok, I finally couldn't take it any more and called RCI.  According to the rep I spoke to, there has been a very recent update to the app and the website software that now requires credit card information to complete the online check-in (thus the wording at the top of the page that says guests who don't complete the credit card info must check in at the port).  She was not aware of it and had to contact her support team to find out why I wasn't getting that option.  Cash accounts have to be set up at the pier, she can't even make the change on her end any more.  So apparently now if you want to check in online you have to give them credit card info.

Not sure if the RCI call-in center is like the Princess call-in center, but with Princess you could call 5 times get 5 different reps and 5 different answers.  For what it's worth it didn't sound like I got the usual offshore call-in center this time.

Just now, custompcsys said:

Not sure if the RCI call-in center is like the Princess call-in center, but with Princess you could call 5 times get 5 different reps and 5 different answers. 

RCI is like that too - we'll see if that applies to this issue.

1 minute ago, custompcsys said:

Not sure if the RCI call-in center is like the Princess call-in center, but with Princess you could call 5 times get 5 different reps and 5 different answers.   ...

Same on RC.

RCI.thumb.png.e1b4446b4c51f02cb69433fb459110d1.png

Could be a recent change to force people to give credit card numbers.  We shall see if this is reported by others.

Not seeing that on my end. Just checked in this morning. If I go back and edit my info, it still gives the option for cash, or no onboard account.

The biggest change I saw from a year ago, I was not asked for pre- or post-cruise travel info.

Well, just for yucks and giggles I tried doing the edit with Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome when I checked in the first time) and there big as life was the screen just like PCWalton had posted.  Clicked on the option for cash and finished the check-in for myself and my wife.  So basically their website is coded to IE and won't handle cross-browser issues.  As a software consultant I'm kind of shocked at their IT people, that's a huge no-no these days.

Just now, custompcsys said:

... As a software consultant I'm kind of shocked at their IT people, that's a huge no-no these days.

I guarantee you, some will report the website works best with IE, some will say Firefox, some will say Chrome.  I think it's a very poorly programmed website, and this won't be the last time you have problems.

1 hour ago, custompcsys said:

Well, just for yucks and giggles I tried doing the edit with Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome when I checked in the first time) and there big as life was the screen just like PCWalton had posted.  Clicked on the option for cash and finished the check-in for myself and my wife.  So basically their website is coded to IE and won't handle cross-browser issues.  As a software consultant I'm kind of shocked at their IT people, that's a huge no-no these days.

Glad it worked but that's weird as I pulled that screen up on Chrome. 😮

On 7/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, custompcsys said:

If you would let me know if you have the same experience as I did that would be cool.  Would like to think I'm not losing my mind 🙂

Just did Harmony for August, I was able to set up cash account

However, I am unable to check in for Empress in 11 days. Guess I should have done that yesterday instead of chasing beverage packages. 😉

On 7/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, Host Clarea said:

I guarantee you, some will report the website works best with IE, some will say Firefox, some will say Chrome.  I think it's a very poorly programmed website, and this won't be the last time you have problems.

Chrome, but Chrome Incognito to see prices