PortMiami, embarkation questions

What time do you all typically get to the port?  We are not suite guests or getting the key... so no priority  boarding, etc.  I think our check-in time said noon, but I have read that's just a suggestion. 🙂  On Symphony in September, btw.  

Our hotel is 3.5 miles from the port... is there a lot of traffic entering the port?  Wasn't sure how long to plan for travel time for uber-ing.

What's it like at boarding?  Do folks tend to get there early... form a big crowd/line.. and there's a long wait initially?  

This is the first trip where we're staying in a hotel the night before our cruise, and our first time at PortMiami.  Wasn't sure what the best approach would be to get on the ship somewhat early.  

Thanks!

Leave your hotel around 10:00AM and you should be one of the first to enter the terminal when they open around 10:30AM for checkin. The ship normally gets down to a zero passenger count from the last sailing by 10:00AM. First passengers then start the boarding process around 11:30AM and the rooms are available for occupancy around 1:30PM. You should be enjoying lunch by 12:30PM at the buffet.

• Thanks 1

Normally the first two hours passengers are in a rush to be first to board the ship. After the initial rush things die down and the crowds disappear. My family normally arrives around 11:00AM and we are onboard by 12:30PM.

• Thanks 1

We get to the port always as early as possible. We like to get on board as early as possible to get our vacation going. My wife says that she isn't vacation until she steps on the ship and they scan the SeaPass card for the first time!

I go by the felling that we payed for the day so we are getting the most out of it!

• Thanks 1

I will be boarding Navigator this weekend out of Miami.  Do they enforce the boarding times on the setsail pass?  Our boarding time is 12:30 pm.  Obviously, we would like to board earlier to start our vacation earlier.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cpa09 said:

I will be boarding Navigator this weekend out of Miami.  Do they enforce the boarding times on the setsail pass?  Our boarding time is 12:30 pm.  Obviously, we would like to board earlier to start our vacation earlier.  

Boarding times have not been enforced for cruises out of US ports.