Remy reservation

patches05

We will be on the Dream in June 2020, for a 5 night cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. My husband and I really would like to get reservations at Remy for dinner. Should we aim for the last night so that we can experience all 3 dining rooms plus the pirate party? Our son will be 5 when we cruise, and I thought he'd go to the kids' club when we're at Remy. When can we book the Remy dinner? Is it difficult to get? This is the one thing that I really want to do.  :) 

1 hour ago, patches05 said:

We will be on the Dream in June 2020, for a 5 night cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. My husband and I really would like to get reservations at Remy for dinner. Should we aim for the last night so that we can experience all 3 dining rooms plus the pirate party? Our son will be 5 when we cruise, and I thought he'd go to the kids' club when we're at Remy. When can we book the Remy dinner? Is it difficult to get? This is the one thing that I really want to do.  :) 

As first time DCL cruisers, your booking window opens 75 days out from the cruise.  You certainly can try for the last night, but be flexible.  

I'll also point out the last night is, typically, when the gratuities are handed out.  Although, it's not totally necessary for you to do so, as with the auto paid gratuities your dining room servers will still get them, even if you don't hand them the coupon.

We just got back from our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy last month. I had no problem booking online Remy,  on our second night and then on the ship for our last night at the last moment, but then my sailing was also 7 days. The problem I had was getting Palo for brunch. One night I couldn't sleep, went online around 3 am and scored a reservation for Palo Brunch. I will say that I myself was somewhat disappointed in the main dining restaurants and the service ( I know that is sacrilegious among us Disney fans). I'm glad we experienced Remy twice, Palo for brunch, and Palo for dinner once. 

I've never had  a problem getting a Remy reservation, even if we didn't decide until we were on board.  I suspect it doesn't fill up because it is expensive.
As to dining in the MDRs, we've had great experiences and far less good experiences.  We've found the MDRs to be much better on the "classic" ships, in part because the dining rooms are far less crowded. If there is a problem with your MDR experience, speak to the head server. Adult only dining is a major step up!  Another option is eating dinner at Cabanas (if they are still doing this).  It is a casual, no reservation needed restaurant at dinner, but is not available on the first or last nights.  Both the food and the service was better than our usual MDR experience, probably because the food is cooked when you order rather than being mass produced.

• 1 month later...

Palo brunch is usually the hardest reservation to get if there’s only one sea day. Remy is easier to book. However, we were able to make another Palo brunch reservation on the second sea day of an Alaskan cruise right after we finished the first Palo brunch on the first sea day. If you can’t make a reservation online before the cruise, definitely try once onboard on embarkation day. We really enjoyed both our Remy brunch and dinner on the Fantasy.

Have fun planning!

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the MDR menus and see which one you like the least.  I think you will want to do Animator's Palette night and Pirate night with your son.  (You can request your dining rotation - it's not guaranteed, but they usually can  accommodate you).    Other than those 2 nights, I'd pick Remy for the night you least like what's being served in MDR.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ggooglyboogly said:

Are the menus always the same (with the exception of pirate night) in each MDR?  So for a 7 day cruise, would you each the same menu twice in the 3 restaurants?

No.  In the past, on a 7 night cruise, the first three nights of a cruise each dining room has it's own Signature menu.  The other 4 nights the dining rooms all served the same menus (different one each night).  

For example:

Night 1 - Signature menus

Night 2 - Signature menus

Night 3 - Signature menus

Night 4 - Pirate menu

Night 5 - Prince and Princess menu

Night 6 - Captain's Gala menu

Night 7 - Till We Meet Again menu

More recently - on the Fantasy 7 night cruises, the first 3 nights were the Signature menus, while the last 3 nights each dining room served the same menu for all 3 nights.

For example:

Night 5:

Animator's Palate - Animation Magic

Royal Court - Captain's Gala

Enchanted Garden - Prince & Princess

So you'd get a different menu every night, regardless of which dining room you were in.

Edited by Shmoo here

9 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

No.  In the past, on a 7 night cruise, the first three nights of a cruise each dining room has it's own Signature menu.  The other 4 nights the dining rooms all served the same menus (different one each night).  

For example:

Night 1 - Signature menus

Night 2 - Signature menus

Night 3 - Signature menus

Night 4 - Pirate menu

Night 5 - Prince and Princess menu

Night 6 - Captain's Gala menu

Night 7 - Till We Meet Again menu

More recently - on the Fantasy 7 night cruises, the first 3 nights were the Signature menus, while the last 3 nights each dining room served the same menu for all 3 nights.

For example:

Night 5:

Animator's Palate - Animation Magic

Royal Court - Captain's Gala

Enchanted Garden - Prince & Princess

So you'd get a different menu every night, regardless of which dining room you were in.

Thank you!  I've only ever done 4 days on Disney before, so I appreciate the info! 

• 2 weeks later...

There are no repeats in dinner menus on any DCL cruise (including 12 and 14 night cruises) if you eat each night where you are scheduled.  They do special menus for long cruises.  The exception would be if you book back to back 7 night cruises to make it 14--obviously you'd have a full repeat then.  But if the cruise is sold as 14 nights, no repeats.

Something to keep in mind about doing Remy on the last night.  You are also putting your luggage out that night (unless you are carrying off the next morning).  We did Remy on our last night on the first Disney cruise we took and, while we thoroughly enjoyed the meal, did not enjoy the hurry to get ready and pack before we went to dinner.  We no longer do specialty dining on the last night of the cruise for this very reason.

That said, if I had a choice between no Remy and Remy on the last night, I'd buck up and deal with the rush to have that Remy dinner 🙂

• Like 1