Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

Guest BigRoger

The travel agents point I do get... and is a point well made..... as for otherse.... I am clearly ignorant because when people ask you will you honour something they are clearly showing that they feel that you shouldn’t and indeed they are giving you the chance to correct yourself by saying you won’t!!!!

Actually the best thing here is that there are hundreds of postings and we don’t actually even know what RCI intend to do... 

i do understand debate and argument if they ultimately do not honour the price... until then we are all just happy cruisers who purchased it at a great rate! 

26 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I contacted m bayley. See attached non committal letter below. But reading between the lines, it is a glitch, and correct prices are showing now

Screenshot_20190702-164745.jpg

Received the same formula e-mail too.

Shame.

11 minutes ago, SF said:

Let's hope Royal Caribbean decides to do the right thing and honor it. 

That would be the easiest, because they are going to have a big problem if they cancel and people cannot reorder the packages for no more than they had paid before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I'm guessing they are going to offer everyone who booked it at $18, will be offered a nice discount off the regular price.   Maybe around $35/day.

I would be ok with that outcome, but I really doubt they will do it.

Masters of the universe strike again.

6 minutes ago, SF said:

Let's hope Royal Caribbean decides to do the right thing and honor it. 

Seems unlikely but as long as it's taking to get something out I'm curious if there's more to it than just a straight cancel/refund.  Maybe it takes the extra time to create the e-mail and pull all the contact info of those who made the purchase, but if I had to guess there may be more to it.  I've thought since the onset of this the most likely end result is a cancel/refund with something thrown in as a peace offering.  I'll survive either way but I'm definitely curious to see what they have to say.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

That would be the easiest, because they are going to have a big problem if they cancel and people cannot reorder the packages for no more than they had paid before.

Totally agree. It would probably be less of a headache for them and the right thing to do as well which would go far in regards to PR with their cruisers. In trying to change things it could cost them a bigger problem than the original one.

• Like 1

My cousin's hairdresser had a brother who's sister was once was married to a rental car mechanic who has connections with another mechanic in Miami and found some papers that Mr. Bayler left in one of his rented cars that have some phone numbers on it....some of which purported to be Bayler's secret office number.  I'm trying to obtain it so I can call him to get the straight skinny on this situation and report back here on CC.

• Haha 8

Royal Caribbean's website listed the Deluxe Beverage Package for $18 per day, per person on select 2020 sailings that got a lot of people's attention.  Usually, the Deluxe Beverage Package runs somewhere between $40 - $52 per person, per day when purchased in advance.

For a short time, the $18 price was listed and the news spread like wildfire around the cruising community. Royal Caribbean subsequently noticed the pricing mistake and reverted the price back to its correct price.

The cruise line has since notified guests who have inquired that the $18 per day, per person rate was a mistake and will not be honored. Royal Caribbean apologized for the mistake, but would not be honoring the package at the incorrect prince. Instead, the package purchase will be canceled and refunds will be issued.

Matt Hochberg

3 minutes ago, springfire said:

Royal Caribbean's website listed the Deluxe Beverage Package for $18 per day, per person on select 2020 sailings that got a lot of people's attention.  Usually, the Deluxe Beverage Package runs somewhere between $40 - $52 per person, per day when purchased in advance.

For a short time, the $18 price was listed and the news spread like wildfire around the cruising community. Royal Caribbean subsequently noticed the pricing mistake and reverted the price back to its correct price.

The cruise line has since notified guests who have inquired that the $18 per day, per person rate was a mistake and will not be honored. Royal Caribbean apologized for the mistake, but would not be honoring the package at the incorrect prince. Instead, the package purchase will be canceled and refunds will be issued.

Matt Hochberg

Hello Princess and NCL, you want my business?

Not even one tiny bone to throw at us  RCCL?  Yowser, that's cold.

Guest BigRoger

Maybe we are all reading this wrong and it’s actually an incredibly clever, well planned market research exercise....?????

maybe, just maybe someone in RCI marketing has collaborated with their IT department to test sell a potential price for the drinks package if the diamond/ pineapple free drinks and lounges were removed in a shake up of the crown and anchor benefits.

i wonder if a data mining expert is assessing how many of those who bolted for the package at 18 were diamond and above.... and took the package even though they already get free drinks during cocktail hours anyway?????

makes you think.....

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

I contacted m bayley. See attached non committal letter below. But reading between the lines, it is a glitch, and correct prices are showing now

Screenshot_20190702-164745.jpg

I believe it is important to speak up in a situation where you feel cheated or otherwise wronged. Maybe those aren’t the best choice of terms, I just finished a long day at work and I’m tired, but I do think it’s essential to speak up or no one will either know or care what you think. I’m glad you emailed and appreciate your sharing the response . I wrote as well. It may not matter but at least we spoke up. 

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If the mistake was the other way and you were overcharged, what would you expect the resolution be? I'm guessing you wouldn't honor the wrong price.

Define "overcharged."

Are you talking about demanding a refund from a purchase made after seeing the price, accepting it, and paying it?

Or are you talking about demanding a refund after seeing a price, accepting it, paying it, and then finding out the company actually charged $10 more than you agreed to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Maybe we are all reading this wrong and it’s actually an incredibly clever, well planned market research exercise....?????

maybe, just maybe someone in RCI marketing has collaborated with their IT department to test sell a potential price for the drinks package if the diamond/ pineapple free drinks and lounges were removed in a shake up of the crown and anchor benefits.

i wonder if a data mining expert is assessing how many of those who bolted for the package at 18 were diamond and above.... and took the package even though they already get free drinks during cocktail hours anyway?????

makes you think.....

As I posted this morning, maybe they are trying to answer the question “Is the drink package worth it”?

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

makes you think.....

We always buy the package.  We like drinks at the pool, I normally have a mimosa in the morning, husband gets his specialty coffee and we like to go to other lounges in the evenings and get what we want, not just what is on the "list".  Husband likes Espresso Martinis, cannot get those otherwise.  So for us, it is totally worth it to have the package.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Hello Princess and NCL, you want my business?

Not even one tiny bone to throw at us  RCCL?  Yowser, that's cold.

I honestly wouldn't expect much to have been different if this was either of those cruise lines. I don't have a ton of experience with Princess, but as for NCL it's definitely been my experience that their customer service team is just as clueless as Royal (if not slightly more so) and quite a bit slower to respond. NCL got some flack not too long ago because they didn't release an official statement on the Cuba changes until several days after all the other cruise lines. 

Welp. . . we all know the saying, when it's too good to be true then it probably ain't true. --With that said, I'm sitting around and just hoping that next email being sent is NOT from RCL stating they are cancelling my $18 drink package! There's always hope until the hammer is dropped and confirmation is provided. I'm not on the cruise yet but I'm having fun already!!! lol

Just now, EgNyTeR said:

Welp. . . we all know the saying, when it's too good to be true then it probably ain't true. --With that said, I'm sitting around and just hoping that next email being sent is NOT from RCL stating they are cancelling my $18 drink package! There's always hope until the hammer is dropped and confirmation is provided. I'm not on the cruise yet but I'm having fun already!!! lol

Oh yes, the popcorn popping for this has been a blast.

Latest on Twitter: I'm so sorry for any miscommunication. We've made sure we're all on the same page so there's no confusion moving forward. Unfortunately, we won't be honoring that price, but we'll be offering 30% off to all sailings impacted by the glitch. -Candy