Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

12 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

We should all go on Royal's web site at the same time and crash the darn thing ( am clueless about tech issues, but I would love to see it happen, if possible)😜.

Trust me, it doesn't take that much to crash the RCI website.  It has a legendary record of crashing on it's own, without an overload of queries coming in to their servers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

Anyone remember what the onboard pricing is?

Like all RCI's prices, they fluctuate.  Market pricing.  😝  We always check when we board since we get a 40% pinnacle discount anyway.  So I guess the 30% is really useless for some of us.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper
  • Like 1

I’m just curious. If something is offered and you purchase it then they come back and said no wait wait wait that’s the wrong price and want to take it back is that even legal? Especially after you’ve completed the transaction.  I’m sure we have some lawyers here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cantgetaname said:

It varies by ship and sailing. If the $50 in my cruise planner is 20 percent off the onboard price, the onboard price would be $63.  So 30 percent off would be $44. Plus the 18 percent gratuity is added to that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

According to my cruise planner, Anthem holiday 2020 pricing is $67.50 - since it’s currently showing $54 as “20% off onboard pricing.” (insert eye roll emoji here)

3 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I’m just curious. If something is offered and you purchase it then they come back and said no wait wait wait that’s the wrong price and want to take it back is that even legal? Especially after you’ve completed the transaction.  I’m sure we have some lawyers here.

It is legal. They have to refund the full amount of the purchase as well as any related non-refundable purchases you made as a result of the original purchase (so like if an airline publishes a mistake fare, and you book the airfare and a non-refundable hotel, the airline has to refund you both purchases)

In order for false advertisement law to come into effect, you have to be able to prove that the selling entity had the intent to deceive. Basically, prove that they were knowingly and purposefully lying in an advertisement to generate more sales. The burden of proof is always on the prosecutor, so that means that Royal wouldn't have to prove it was a mistake, there just can't be any proof that it was completely intentional. 

• Thanks 1

I get 30% off on the the ship and it is always exactly what it would be if it was 30% off online.  We cruise enough that I know the prices on the ship and they are always the same online.  So if it says 25% off then I know what the ship price is and I know I get it cheaper on the ship since I get 30% off for Diamond Plus.

24 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Well considering I was actually waiting for the 30% off....I suppose I can't be too upset 😉

That’s likely to be off onboard prices. 

That would be $42-44 based off onboard price. This is not a bad price. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

So, they will let me buy the beverage package at a price I can already get as a D+? Or, if I were a Pinnacle, they will let me pay more? Gee, thanks. What a way of handling a mistake made by them. 

If if they weren’t going to honor the $18, they should have offered a recognizable benefit, maybe $35/day. Pitiful.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s likely to be off onboard prices. 

That would be $42-44 based off onboard price. This is not a bad price. 

Yes...I was looking for the $44/46 price point which is what I always seem to pay when I am on Grandeur...if only they added Star Class to that ship then I would have to worry about drink prices and could just prepay through the nose and feel like I am getting something 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, mac_tlc said:

So, they will let me buy the beverage package at a price I can already get as a D+? Or, if I were a Pinnacle, they will let me pay more? Gee, thanks. What a way of handling a mistake made by them. 

If if they weren’t going to honor the $18, they should have offered a recognizable benefit, maybe $35/day. Pitiful.

mac_tlc

Exactly!  Why would I tie up all the money now when I can get the same 30% off when I get on the ship!  I knew they would not honor the price but did not expect this.

8 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

It is legal. They have to refund the full amount of the purchase as well as any related non-refundable purchases you made as a result of the original purchase (so like if an airline publishes a mistake fare, and you book the airfare and a non-refundable hotel, the airline has to refund you both purchases)

In order for false advertisement law to come into effect, you have to be able to prove that the selling entity had the intent to deceive. Basically, prove that they were knowingly and purposefully lying in an advertisement to generate more sales. The burden of proof is always on the prosecutor, so that means that Royal wouldn't have to prove it was a mistake, there just can't be any proof that it was completely intentional. 

Thank you.  I should have known.

If that's all they're offering is 30% off that's a joke as they probably would have had some sale anyways for July 4th so in essence they're really doing nothing. What they should have done is use this glitch or error or whatever you want to call it to their advantage for positive PR. 

Has anyone gotten an official email yet?

I am not going to believe a tweet or FB. These are the same tweets and posts that said we will honor the price oh wait no we won't honor it. Until it is removed from my cruise planner or I get an official email I am going to carry on as if I am good to go with the package I bought last night

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Is that the same under EU law? 

So i also have not heard anything officially. My problem is I bought 6 bev pkg, 3 cruises at 2 a piece. Which cost almost $900. Now your gonna give me a phony sale, say i buy that. Now were talking a couple grand. And i still don't have my refund, cause closing date is approaching I'll have quite a few grand on my bill. Thru no fault if my own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petcetera said:

Has anyone gotten an official email yet?

I am not going to believe a tweet or FB. These are the same tweets and posts that said we will honor the price oh wait no we won't honor it. Until it is removed from my cruise planner or I get an official email I am going to carry on as if I am good to go with the package I bought last night

no have not received anything yet, and as of now all the packages I purchased at $18 are still there.  But guessing at some point they will disappear.  Maybe tomorrow will receive the actual email.

If I’m doing my math right - if $57 is 80% of X then X must be $71.25 per day for our April 19 sailing of the Harmony. So 30% off of that would be just about $50 a day.

May really have to crunch the numbers on this one. Of course we will take it for now and hope that the prices will come down a bit later. 

Or maybe we’ll just cancel.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1