Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

2 minutes ago, KelJ said:

I, out of the blue, received a new emailed guest invoice last night (9:51 pm). At first I thought it was going to be a drink package cruise planner cancellation. I printed it off today and compared it to my months-old guest invoice, and there was no change whatsoever, but for the invoice date.  I used OBC toward the drink package, but the OBC was still listed in the invoice.  

I’ve read over the last couple days that many C&A members, like you, have had to re-enter their C&A numbers, but I haven’t had to do that.

Weird coincidence?

Well that is weird Kel. I was away from the computer yesterday and late to the party. I had to cancel our previous drink package purchase in an attempt to purchase the lower price that was showing in the planner. I received an "unable to add to cart" message. So after several attempts I just re-purchased it at the going price. 

Normally that would result in a credit/debit to our charge card. Instead...we also received a new guest invoice from RCL last night. Apparently, instead of a refund to my credit card "they" decided to apply my $1625 drink package refund to my total cruise fare for my 2020 Allure sailing. So I will end up paying another $1625  for the drink package on my credit card next month. :classic_rolleyes: Nothing like forced payments. 

In the long run, it doesn't really matter. But it seems odd that they decided how they would use my money or apply my refund. I suppose I could make a fuss, but it isn't worth it. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

~Patti 

6 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I was trying to apply for a job as a computer programmer but the careers website kept having errors. I spoke with a Royal rep at a convention and she pretty much said that 90% of their coding work is actually just outsourced to contractors from other companies.

They need to switch to a different set of contractors.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I was trying to apply for a job as a computer programmer but the careers website kept having errors. I spoke with a Royal rep at a convention and she pretty much said that 90% of their coding work is actually just outsourced to contractors from other companies.

This is so not surprising and so very disappointing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Well that is weird Kel. I was away from the computer yesterday and late to the party. I had to cancel our previous drink package purchase in an attempt to purchase the lower price that was showing in the planner. I received an "unable to add to cart" message. So after several attempts I just re-purchased it at the going price. 

Normally that would result in a credit/debit to our charge card. Instead...we also received a new guest invoice from RCL last night. Apparently, instead of a refund to my credit card "they" decided to apply my $1625 drink package refund to my total cruise fare for my 2020 Allure sailing. So I will end up paying another $1625  for the drink package on my credit card next month. :classic_rolleyes: Nothing like forced payments. 

In the long run, it doesn't really matter. But it seems odd that they decided how they would use my money or apply my refund. I suppose I could make a fuss, but it isn't worth it. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

~Patti 

Wow. Just wow. 😳

Edit to add:  Imagine if they cancel everybody’s $18 drink packages but just apply the credit to cruise fare still owed. I know everyone has to pay the cruise fare sooner or later, but I prefer to decide when. 

Edited by KelJ

19 minutes ago, KelJ said:

I, out of the blue, received a new emailed guest invoice last night (9:51 pm). At first I thought it was going to be a drink package cruise planner cancellation. I printed it off today and compared it to my months-old guest invoice, and there was no change whatsoever, but for the invoice date.  I used OBC toward the drink package, but the OBC was still listed in the invoice.  

I’ve read over the last couple days that many C&A members, like you, have had to re-enter their C&A numbers, but I haven’t had to do that.

Weird coincidence?

The OBC listed on the invoice does not update as you spend it.  

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The OBC listed on the invoice does not update as you spend it.  

I’ve never had it update on the invoice either, but I was trying to rationalize why I may have been receiving a new invoice. 

So here is another question - IF Royal decides to honour the price and let people keep their deluxe drink packages, are you then going to start receiving complaints from people who didn't get to order it in time?  

I mean, on one side, people will reply "to bad, so sad, missed out on the opportunity" but then could not the same response be turned around on the people demanding their drink packages at the erroneous rate "to bad, so sad, it was an error..."

*shrugs* I dunno, I think if RCL is going to honor those error prices, maybe they are going to get complaints they should extend that offer to everyone.  Fair is fair? Isn't that what this whole hullabaloo is about?

Edited by Sailing_Canuck
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

So here is another question - IF Royal decides to honour the price and let people keep their deluxe drink packages, are you then going to start receiving complaints from people who didn't get to order it in time?  

I mean, on one side, people will reply "to bad, so sad, missed out on the opportunity" but then could not the same response be turned around on the people demanding their drink packages at the erroneous rate "to bad, so sad, it was an error..."

*shrugs* I dunno, I think if RCL is going to honor those error prices, maybe they are going to get complaints they should extend that offer to everyone.  Fair is fair? Isn't that what this whole hullabaloo is about?

No.  That's not what the hullabaloo is about.

If someone on my roll call posts that he got a price drop, and I don't see the post until  a week later,  and the price drop is gone, I don't feel that I have been wronged.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If someone on my roll call posts that he got a price drop, and I don't see the post until  a week later,  and the price drop is gone, I don't feel that I have been wronged.

Totally agree. 😀 

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Exactly.  If I miss out on a sale, that's on me.  

What has us all worked up is the way this entire situation has been handled.  I'm hoping they realize they can easily afford to honor the sale for all who purchased it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

And just to be clear, if I see it the same day but the price drop is gone, I STILL don't feel wronged.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I hear you - I guess my thinking is given an inch take a mile in this case.  If RCL does give people the package at the deal (which would be cool), does that open the gates for other people to ask for it.

I get what you mean,  it's like missing a sale.  But on the other hand - I can see other's complaining it's not fair.  Not everyone is rationale or can accept they missed out.  Again, just musing at this point 🙂

1 minute ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

I hear you - I guess my thinking is given an inch take a mile in this case.  If RCL does give people the package at the deal (which would be cool), does that open the gates for other people to ask for it.

I get what you mean,  it's like missing a sale.  But on the other hand - I can see other's complaining it's not fair.  Not everyone is rationale or can accept they missed out.  Again, just musing at this point 🙂

Muse all you want, but you are barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was definitely available for Canadians.😁

And Norway. But it was in the middle of the night here, and in most of Western Europe, so limited damage maybe.

45 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

And just to be clear, if I see it the same day but the price drop is gone, I STILL don't feel wronged.  😉

I am ticked that I missed it. It still showed $18 in the cruise planner, but I was unable to book it. And I am happy for the folks on our sailing that were able to get the deal. :classic_smile:

And of course we are going on an "A" ship. Maybe if it had been on "V"oyager, I might have had more time before they corrected it. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

~Patti 

WOW! Nice of them to tell you when and how you are going to pay for your cruise!! WOW!!

3 hours ago, KelJ said:

Wow. Just wow. 😳

Edit to add:  Imagine if they cancel everybody’s $18 drink packages but just apply the credit to cruise fare still owed. I know everyone has to pay the cruise fare sooner or later, but I prefer to decide when. 

I totally agree. 

Yes, I have to pay it one way or another but I would like the option of deciding when and how I am going to pay it! 

Another thought... How can they bypass my TA? I can't make changes with them unless my TA does, but they can? 

Sorry, but most companies do not honor major price mistakes like this.  This may not be popular to say here but Royal should not either.

I mean, come on people -  everyone knew it was an error on RC's part. Everyone tried to take advantage of that error.  Sometimes an error may slip through but often it is caught and corrected

No one should be bashing Royal for a mistake that everyone knew was too good to be true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1