Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Well, this round’s on us.

On Monday, July 1st, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 1:30 AM EST, we posted incorrect pricing of $18 USD per person, per day, for Deluxe Beverage Packages. Given that we typically price these packages at about $55 USD per person, per day, it was the (messed up) deal of the century.

This was a BIG mistake! It might have been bad code, a random computer glitch — or maybe we just need to reinstate our intern typing test.

Any which way, it was our error, and we’ll own it. Enjoy your deep, deep discount — while we go drown our sorrows.

Happy 4th of July!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Yup, someone will still find something to complain about.

I think RCI should also add an extra $100 OBC and a free specially restaurant just because of the added stress they caused. 😁

dp

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not similar, not the same. 

One thing, when you booked the cruise you agreed to the contact with Royal (any cruise line), agreed to terms and conditions. It allows them to correct pricing errors. If people have an issue, don’t book a cruise. 

I was not saying it was the same, what I was saying is at some point this needs to be legally addressed.  Companies need to start being held accountable for these types of errors.  Sorry but at what point do we all have to just assume that anything we book could be cancelled and then a higher price is put in place?  I should be able to book a cruise and also book additional options without fear of them cancelling because they can claim a pricing error.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molole said:

Very true. And If they don't honor it a little bit of OBC or a real sale price would be nice.  

Personally i I am hoping for OBC but sale would work for many others. 

I haven't seen it yet, but my cruise mate got an email from the supposed head of public relations(Aurora Rodriquez)  basically saying, "ooops, our bad" we will honor it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The cynic in me says RCI will find a way to "cancel" some of these purchases slowly over time (they have a year in many cases) where 1-2 people won't be able to create the storm this one has.

Cynicism shared here.

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I haven't seen it yet, but my cruise mate got an email from the supposed head of public relations(Aurora Rodriquez)  basically saying, "ooops, our bad" we will honor it.

that is who my email was from

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

The lost revenue will be made up some where. 

Undoubtedly a fair percentage that I wouldn't even speculate on will change their plans or reservation in some way and the "deal" won't be transferrable.  

• Like 2

Pleasant surprise for us for two cruises.  Royal will still profit from us even with lower price (we drink soda and a couple of glasses of Diamond wine at dinner) but appreciate them deciding to honor the goof.  Would never book this at the $46-56 normal discounted price.

• Like 1