Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

8 minutes ago, momperson2 said:

I’m a little “confused” about the bartenders not getting much tips because of the $18 price.  How does the system know what I paid & someone else paying more for drink package.  It seems to me it would be on the drinks they prepared.  I don’t think RC systems/computers know how much each & every person paid.  With that being said, I fully agree to tipping extra—we add a tip to paper we sign OR I carry cash (normally at pool) to give to bartender 

They don't, as far as I know, know the cost you paid for the package.  They just know you have it or you don't.

I'm bitter, I missed out.  It was listed as $18 in my cruise planner but when I went to check out it showed the normal full amount. Where is the justice. Now every drink I have on the cruise will taste a little bitter.

😭

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wtr_Logged_Isiot said:

I still haven't gotten my email! 😭

Although it still shows up I have it on my cruise planner so good enough?

1 minute ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

I'm going to miss this thread.  It has been entertaining these past few days. I still haven't received my letter. 😞

If you booked through a TA, the email may have gone to your TA.  Royal has indicated this on their replies on Twitter.

13 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Genius!  (to me anyway,)

I sailed with a couple , the husband got the package the wife didn't 

which was before they changed the rule. 

He ordered a drink at diner when they brought him his he slipped his card to his wife and she ordered a drink

Shortly after they brought the car back and said something like he needed to wait a few more minutes because the system will not accept it. I don't remember how many minutes they told him he had to wait before ordering another drink.  All it all they never talked to the wife so they caught on to what he was doing.

1 hour ago, momperson2 said:

I’m a little “confused” about the bartenders not getting much tips because of the $18 price.  How does the system know what I paid & someone else paying more for drink package.  It seems to me it would be on the drinks they prepared.  I don’t think RC systems/computers know how much each & every person paid.  With that being said, I fully agree to tipping extra—we add a tip to paper we sign OR I carry cash (normally at pool) to give to bartender 

The way the package gratuities work is that they are all pooled and shared among the bar staff. So let's say on a particular sailing 500 passengers bought the package at the "sale" price of $18 and 500 people bought it for $60. The total cost of the packages sold is $39,000 per day. The 18% grats on that is $7,020 per day which will be split across all bar staff on the ship.

If this glitch never happened the total sale price in this hypothetical would be $60,000 which would be $10,800 in daily tips spread across the bar staff. That's a difference of over $21,000 per sailing in lost tips.

The bartenders don't know what any passenger paid, they just know what their minimum tip will be based on the total pool for the sailing

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

I still haven't got an email...

I'm not overly concerned.

I received my email at 1:06 p.m. today. I had purchased our package directly from my cruise planner about an hour after it was posted. Hope your email comes soon.

I booked the package thru the Cruise Planner at $18 on the 1st of July and got an email reflecting  the price (with 18% gratuity) and confirming the transaction immediately after I booked.  Am I supposed to get another email?

I'm waiting for my credit card transaction to go from pending to confirmed.   🍷

4 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I booked the package thru the Cruise Planner at $18 on the 1st of July and got an email reflecting  the price (with 18% gratuity) and confirming the transaction immediately after I booked.  Am I supposed to get another email?

I'm waiting for my credit card transaction to go from pending to confirmed.   🍷

Most of us have gotten the email that has been posted several times on this thread. But I'll post it again for  you, Mike.  😉 😄 

Dear Guest,

Well, this round’s on us.

On Monday, July 1st, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 1:30 AM EST, we posted incorrect pricing of $18 USD per person, per day, for Deluxe Beverage Packages. Given that we typically price these packages at about $55 USD per person, per day, it was the (messed up) deal of the century.

This was a BIG mistake! It might have been bad code, a random computer glitch — or maybe we just need to reinstate our intern typing test.

Any which way, it was our error, and we’ll own it. Enjoy your deep, deep discount — while we go drown our sorrows.

Happy 4th of July!

The package was booked through my cruise planner.  I received confirmation right after it was booked. TA hasn't received an email and I've checked my spam.  I'm not going to worry about the email.  I can see it is bought and paid for in my cruise planner.  I do like the creativity they used in the email. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

I got the deal and the email. The only place I see that I have this deal is in order history.

Am I supposed to see the drinks package on the calendar? Anywhere else?

I think it’s only in purchases/order history (and hopefully an initial booking confirmation by email)

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

I got the deal and the email. The only place I see that I have this deal is in order history.

Am I supposed to see the drinks package on the calendar? Anywhere else?

It has only ever shown up in your order history, it is not supposed to show up anywhere else.

Why are so many hung up on getting that e mail.  It’s out there, in e mails, twitter and Facebook..  Your drink  package is in your order history, you have your initial confirmation....there is no need to have the e mail it isn’t even addressed to you, just Dear guest.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Most of us have gotten the email that has been posted several times on this thread. But I'll post it again for  you, Mike.  😉 😄 

Did you get multiple emails? 
(I'm guessing you were able to book a package for multiple sailings) 

2 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I booked 9 packages spread over 5 sailings (2 cabins per sailing) and only received 1 email and that e mail came to an e mail address I never used in booking any of the drink packages through the cruise planner.  The only  cruise I used the e mail that I received the notification on didn’t even  have the drink package on sale.  

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I booked 9 packages spread over 5 sailings (2 cabins per sailing) and only received 1 email and that e mail came to an e mail address I never used in booking any of the drink packages through the cruise planner.  The only  cruise I used the e mail that I received the notification on didn’t even  have the drink package on sale.  

But is that the email attached to your C&A account?

12 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

4 packages, 4 cruises.  4 confirmation emails immediately Monday night.  One email this afternoon.  😊  (to my correct, usual email address)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1