Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Maritime Master Blaster said:

We will be sailing on Pacific Princess in August-September.  We have booked tradional second seating and have received a notification that we are Any Time Dining #11 on the Waitlist.  Secondly is there a theatre for either shows or movies?

1. there is no anytime dining on the Pacific Princess. The only MDR is used for Traditional.

2. There is a theater in deck 5 for shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

1. there is no anytime dining on the Pacific Princess. The only MDR is used for Traditional.

2. There is a theater in deck 5 for shows.

The "theater" is on deck 5 forward and is not a conventional theater as on most bigger ships,

it is in fact called the Cabaret Lounge, has a bar at the back, and has many movable chairs  and the seating is not tiered row by row,

the stage area is small but the singers and dancers do well with what is available to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone on here who is affected by the new plans for pacific princess...have you heard any updated info...my TA is still waiting for his rep to get back to him...probably due to the holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are still in limbo too. I check this morning and it let me go most of the way thru the booking process for the 35 days cruise. I aborted the process just before commitment. 

 

I wish Princess would make up their mind. We like to get the S&S and it ends next week. I have  feeling they will not be good about moving it to another booking after the end of S&S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

I wish Princess would make up their mind. We like to get the S&S and it ends next week. I have  feeling they will not be good about moving it to another booking after the end of S&S

well according to the article they are set to go on sale 7/11 for elite and 7/12 for the rest...so we should hopefully know more by then...at least I am hoping that they tell us before canceling it and posting new cruises. 

 

but I hear ya...we have found an alternate cruise to do if ours is canceled and want to get the special cabin we like before it gets booked up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the thread for the roll call a couple of posters reporting calls from their TA canceling the 25 and 35 day cruises. People are offered $50 compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under "saved" sailings, the May 9th 2021 now shows that it's been cancelled, however, it's still showing up in our personalizer as a future cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

On the thread for the roll call a couple of posters reporting calls from their TA canceling the 25 and 35 day cruises. People are offered $50 compensation.

$50 each or $50 per cabin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

November 14th is the last cruise itinerary Princess is showing now.

My guess is the new itineraries will be loaded by 8.30am Thursday 11th July AEST.

 

Just to add.......April and May have disappeared now too

 

Edited by cheznandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received notice from Princess that the 25 and 35 day were cancelled. In the cancellation notice the obc offered was this: 

 

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - NOVEMBER 14, 2020 - PACIFIC PRINCESS

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, Pacific Princess' 35-day Tahiti, South America & Panama Canal Grand Adventure voyage departing November 14, 2020 has been cancelled. The deposit paid on this booking can be transferred to any new voyage, including Pacific Princess' 10-day Tahiti & French Polynesia voyage departing on November 14, 2020. Should you decide to rebook to this or any other sailing, you will receive an onboard credit of USD $50 per person (credit applies to first two guests on the booking; replacement cruise must be booked by June 30, 2020). We will be reaching out to you directly to discuss your plans, or you may contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America), 0344 338 8663 (United Kingdom), 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800 780717 (New Zealand). If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will process a refund of any payments received to the original form of payment. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Princess cruise in the future.

 

Bbum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was offered $15, but it was a 5 day west coast cruise, which I booked today 🙂 gues I should have booked a longer cruise!

 

 

Edited by CruiseVA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised the ship is still in the fleet.  The R ship design is as good as it gets.  But no anytime dining is a turnoff to us.  

The Cuban situation has changed itineraries on multiple lines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bbum said:

 We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Princess cruise in the future.

 

At last they are sincere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to sail on an R ship just book a cruise with Oceania or Azamara. They both operate multiple R ships. Dining is always anytime/open seating on both and the food is much much better than on Princess. You also do not have to pay extra for specialty dining. You should find some similar itineraries. I also like these ships but would never sail one under the Princess nameplate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NZ Christmas/New Year cruise on Pacific Princess from AU $307pp per day. No additional gratuities.

 

NZ Christmas/New Year cruise on Azimara from AU $722 pp per day.

 

An extra AU $415 is a lot to pay for included drinks, specialty restaurants and better quality steak! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

NZ Christmas/New Year cruise on Pacific Princess from AU $307pp per day. No additional gratuities.

 

NZ Christmas/New Year cruise on Azimara from AU $722 pp per day.

 

An extra AU $415 is a lot to pay for included drinks, specialty restaurants and better quality steak! 🙄

Wow, those are HUGE differences. We were booked on the now cancelled PPT to FLL cruise. Our TA has instructions to re-book us on the Nov 24th PPT to SYD and the subsequent SYD to SYD NZ Christmas/New Year cruise. It will be interesting to see what US residents will pay considering our gratuities are not included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Wow, those are HUGE differences. We were booked on the now cancelled PPT to FLL cruise. Our TA has instructions to re-book us on the Nov 24th PPT to SYD and the subsequent SYD to SYD NZ Christmas/New Year cruise. It will be interesting to see what US residents will pay considering our gratuities are not included.

Fares on most of the luxury lines are extremely high on NZ cruises. Both those fares were for balcony cabins BTW. 

 

We're hoping to do the Pacific Christmas/NY cruise too, assuming there are still some decent cabins left on Friday when general bookings open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow here in Australia, as we are Elite, we can book the cruises that the Pacific Princess is offering to us down here.  One is an 80+ day cruise from Sydney to Sydney around South America quite an expensive cruise. We are interested in the Tahiti back to Australia cruise on the 4th December. 

The Pacific Princess does have Club Class which we always book, so we are very happy about that.  We love the small ex "R" ships and we try to cruise on them whenever we can. 

The scheduling of the Pacific down here makes up for the fact that we were booked on Oceania's Sirena to visit Cuba next March which has now been cancelled.  So you win some and lose some in this world.

Jennie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen anything specific as to when those of us in North America will be able to see the USD and CAD pricing for the Australia-based Pacific Princess cruises in early 2021?  And when those cruises will be available for bookings by Elites and by Others in North America?   

 

I called Princess this morning and the CSA could not provide any of that information.  Her system apparently showed the existence of Australia-based cruises up to the 30 March 2021 short "Getaway" sailing, but nothing about the sailings to PNG/Solomans, and to Japan, in April 2021.  As I write this on 10 July, the announced release-time for Australians is just a few hours away for "Elites", and a little over a day away for others.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J-D said:

Has anyone seen anything specific as to when those of us in North America will be able to see the USD and CAD pricing for the Australia-based Pacific Princess cruises in early 2021?  And when those cruises will be available for bookings by Elites and by Others in North America? ...

Well, I can now answer my own question of earlier today.  The cruises in question (at least those scheduled for April 2021) appeared on the Princess website with pricing in CAD sometime around 18:30 EDT today, 10 July.  Allowing for the 14-hr time difference, that was within minutes of the "08:30 AEDT on 11 July" time when Princess Australia had said they would become available (to Elites) in Australia.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, J-D said:

Well, I can now answer my own question of earlier today.  The cruises in question (at least those scheduled for April 2021) appeared on the Princess website with pricing in CAD sometime around 18:30 EDT today, 10 July.  Allowing for the 14-hr time difference, that was within minutes of the "08:30 AEDT on 11 July" time when Princess Australia had said they would become available (to Elites) in Australia.

 

John

 

I just checked the US site and all January, March and April Pacific Princess cruises are listed with pricing in USD for elites.  When I don't log in first, I get a Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later message.

 

Some itineraries (92 day Circle South America and 21 day Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands from Brisbane) are already sold out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, capriccio said:

...Some itineraries (92 day Circle South America and 21 day Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands from Brisbane) are already sold out!

 

Just to clarify, the Circle SAm and the PNG/Soloman cruises are--as of this hour--available from other ports of origin.  However, some cabin categories are already said to be sold out or filling up quickly.  We were interested in the 24-day Sydney to Tokyo cruise departing in April 2021, and a substantial # of cabins on that trip are already shown as sold.  We have one of them... 

 

John

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on Pacific Princess next month (August).  Sure glad we were able to get that in.  Never been on Pacific, but LOVED Ocean Princess, her twin.  (14 day Southern Caribbean for Christmas and New years, followed by UK circumnavigation.)  We were so sad they sold Ocean Princess.  That was our favorite out of 11 different Princess ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

We are booked on Pacific Princess next month (August).  Sure glad we were able to get that in.  Never been on Pacific, but LOVED Ocean Princess, her twin.  (14 day Southern Caribbean for Christmas and New years, followed by UK circumnavigation.)  We were so sad they sold Ocean Princess.  That was our favorite out of 11 different Princess ships.

If you loved the OP, you'll love the PA even more. We were on the last sailing of the OP as a Princess ship and have since been on the PA after her dry dock from June of 2017 where she was updated quite a bit. Brighter and plusher, you'll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, J-D said:

 

Just to clarify, the Circle SAm and the PNG/Soloman cruises are--as of this hour--available from other ports of origin.  However, some cabin categories are already said to be sold out or filling up quickly.  We were interested in the 24-day Sydney to Tokyo cruise departing in April 2021, and a substantial # of cabins on that trip are already shown as sold.  We have one of them... 

 

John

 

 

Was running into some of the same issues here. Seemed the cruise was sold out in lots of categories but ... our TA was an excellent sleuth and found that Princess has reserved rooms across different variants of the cruise and if you look at only one version, it looks sold.  But, if you look at another version, those cabins that were 'sold' are now available.

 

We wanted to book the PPT to SYD 26 day cruise in a specific cabin and all those in that area were 'sold'. If you looked at the 10 day and subsequent 16 day (effectively the 26 day cruise), they were all available. Ended up booking as a B2B, got the cabin we wanted and saved $50 USD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...