Allianz vs AIG vs Nationwide.

Which of Allianz, AIG Travelguard and Nationwide do You prefer and what do You prefer in travel insurance? I am looking at so many policies right now. Deciding which I wanna go with. I've heard Good and Bad things about Allianz but nothing on the other two companies. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

1 hour ago, SailorMan20 said:

Which of Allianz, AIG Travelguard and Nationwide do You prefer and what do You prefer in travel insurance? I am looking at so many policies right now. Deciding which I wanna go with. I've heard Good and Bad things about Allianz but nothing on the other two companies. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

We have used all three. Always have bought them through insuremytrip.com.  Only concerned with price, the cheapest one wins. Fortunately I have never been unfortunate enough to file a claim.  99% will never file a claim, not much risk not going with the cheapest when comparing apples to apples.  Have also found a $4999.00 policy is sometimes much cheaper then a $5001.00 + policy. happy cruising

I am not familiar with Nationwide, but have purchased policies from TravelGuard and Allianz.  I have had no claims with Allianz, but have made claims on my TravelGuard policies over the years from time to time.  Filing the claims were not difficult (be sure to have as much documentation that you can obtain if something happens during your trip) and payment of the claims was speedy.

For my most recent cruise bookings, I chose Allianz over TravelGuard.  Why?  There was a significant difference in price between the two policies for the same kind of coverage.

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am not familiar with Nationwide, but have purchased policies from TravelGuard and Allianz.  I have had no claims with Allianz, but have made claims on my TravelGuard policies over the years from time to time.  Filing the claims were not difficult (be sure to have as much documentation that you can obtain if something happens during your trip) and payment of the claims was speedy.

For my most recent cruise bookings, I chose Allianz over TravelGuard.  Why?  There was a significant difference in price between the two policies for the same kind of coverage.

I decided to get the Journey policy from Allianz thru My travel agent. It's easier that way. I will say $266 for 2 people for a week long cruise seems High.

Edited by SailorMan20

14 minutes ago, SailorMan20 said:

I decided to get the Journey policy from Allianz thru My travel agent. It's easier that way. I will say $266 for 2 people for a week long cruise seems High.

I chose to buy my Allianz policy through my travel agent whom I have used for some time.  She knows "her stuff" and, if I have issues with filing a claim, I have an advocate for me that, in the past with a different insurance company, proved helpful.

If you are concerned about pre-existing conditions, but book refundable deposits at least 18 months in advance and do not wish to take out insurance until much closer to final payment date, then note that Nationwide has some policies that waive pre-existing conditions if:

1- you purchase the insurance prior to final payment

2- you purchase enough insurance coverage to cover all non-refundable expenditures

3- you are healthy enough to commence your vacation on the specified date

21 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I chose to buy my Allianz policy through my travel agent whom I have used for some time.  She knows "her stuff" and, if I have issues with filing a claim, I have an advocate for me that, in the past with a different insurance company, proved helpful.

Is Allianz any good?

I would look at their ratings on places like Insuremytrip. We have used Allianz and had a small medical claim that was paid with no problem.  I select the least expensive after comparing the many parameters. It is rather an apples to oranges at times.

We've used Travel Insured, which we purchased through www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They were VERY helpful early on in helping us decide which insurer, and which poicy.

And we then had a large claim the very first time, and TI paid promptly, with no nonsense.

We've had other claims, and they also paid those.

So... that's what it's all about!

We get policies that do NOT exclude pre-existing conditions.  We just don't want to deal with any bickering about "were there/weren't there", etc.

We also get CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) which costs less, but there are a couple of important reasons that this coverage works best for us.

GC

Does Final payment mean before the cruise line final payment date or does it mean before you have paid in full? So we cruise next May and have already pain in full.

we did buy ins. Through RC but would also like to add medical that would include prior medical issues.

thanks!!!