NCL Pearl Cancelled 07/05/19

shadow1972

One thing I do when traveling is research each airport and destination city as to where there are

available hotel rooms at a somewhat reasonable distance and cost for

the exact days of our travel.So if I am traveling through

Atlanta on a short layover I have a back up plan or once when stuck at LaGuardia I had hotel

information available. Planning a whole other land vacation in case the cruise falls through

is too daunting for me. I figure I could go to the back up hotel for a few days and then plan

12 hours ago, rkelly21 said:

Is the Pearl still sitting in Barcelona to fix repairs?  I was on the Transatlantic on 4/28/19 and the Norovirus was rampant. Since then i think it's done a few cruises then pulled from service. I would really like to know if this problem has been fixed. 

What is it with you and the Norovirus obsession?  🙄🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NancyW12 said:

If one already had airline tickets, why in the world would you just not go anyway?  Get a hotel room, buy a rail pass, use Easy Jet and go within Europe? Italy and Spain are big countries. They have plenty of hotels. The refund from NCL should cover anything that would need to be charged on land. Why would you lose the airfare and skip the whole trip? Don't get it.

That is the kind of trip that would for most folks require several months of planning reading travel books, researching hotels, sites, the rail system, etc.  Not something to throw together in 3 days.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rkelly21 said:

Is the Pearl still sitting in Barcelona to fix repairs?  I was on the Transatlantic on 4/28/19 and the Norovirus was rampant. Since then i think it's done a few cruises then pulled from service. I would really like to know if this problem has been fixed. 

You sure seem to be consumed by something that happened almost 3 months ago. Do you realize how many cruise ships have problems with Norovirus? This is a very common problem. The Pearl has bigger issues than a virus that was on the ship months ago. This must be your 5th or 6th post about the incident in April.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, rkelly21 said:

Sir, I went back to May, June and July reviews and there was no mention of anyone having the virus, so hopefully you can now rest comfortably knowing that the virus only picked your cruise to raise it's head.

When folks come on with the virus, it spreads very quickly, especially when some with it won't stay in their cabin.  The norovirus was on my December Breakaway cruise and when disembarking another passenger heard a lady saying, happily, that she didn't stay in her cabin even though she had the virus.

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

You sure seem to be consumed by something that happened almost 3 months ago. Do you realize how many cruise ships have problems with Norovirus? This is a very common problem. The Pearl has bigger issues than a virus that was on the ship months ago. This must be your 5th or 6th post about the incident in April.

According to the CDC, less than one percent of all norovirus cases occur on cruise ships.  You have a much better chance of catching it in a hospital than on a cruise ship.

https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/trends-outbreaks/outbreaks.html

• Like 1