Best non-animal tour with Noon to 6 port time

jdkbrim

We will be stopping at Coxen Hole with a Noon to 6 port time.  Can anyone recommend an afternoon tour?  I don't care to see the sloths, etc.  I'm more interested in touring the island, snorkeling, or going to the beach for a couple of hours.  However, the prices I've found to just get to West Bay seem too high given the time that we would be able to spend there.  If we were going to be there all day, I'd go the cheap bus route.  But, the double transfers seem to be too much with the short port time.

Any of the tour companies can arrange that for you.  I would look into Rony's Tours or maybe "Cleve" (?) as Victor Bodden typically runs all his tours through his farm.

http://ronystours.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292019-d9454297-Reviews-Cleves_Tours_and_Adventures-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html  (sorry can't pull up the website linked. also on FB)

http://boddentours.com/

Not sure what you mean by double transfers but if you just want the beach I would suggest transfer through Bananarama to West Bay for snorkeling or transfer through ship, or cheaper through Bodden, to Sol y Mar.

sol y Mar is very convenient from Coxen Hole. Sand is not quite as soft as West Bay and snorkeling will not be as good but we enjoyed not being hassled by crowds or vendors.

Edited by c-leg5

c-leg5, thanks for the Sol y Mar tip.  That was not one I had heard of and may fit our needs given the short port time.  What I meant by the double transfers was that apparently you can take a city bus for like $2.50 to West End and then for another $2ish get public transportation to West Bay Beach.  I'm just wary of the time frame in going that approach with our short time in port.

29 minutes ago, jdkbrim said:

c-leg5, thanks for the Sol y Mar tip.  That was not one I had heard of and may fit our needs given the short port time.  What I meant by the double transfers was that apparently you can take a city bus for like $2.50 to West End and then for another $2ish get public transportation to West Bay Beach.  I'm just wary of the time frame in going that approach with our short time in port.

I agree time maybe a worry.. the Mini Bus runs Coxen Hole -> West End. The water taxi runs West End -> West Bay.  I think the water taxi is up to $3 these days. 

Half Moon Bay Beach is in West End, if you wanted to expereince the village. Ginger's would be more than happy to offer yummy food and snorkling.  No need to go to West Bay.