Laundry Package & Pressing

Kittie Ladie

Does the laundry package (for the whole cruise) include pressing? I got it on our last cruise and I thought it didn’t. But now when I think about it, everything that came back on hangers looked so great, they must have been pressed. I should have known, LOL.

22 minutes ago, CMDE said:

Does the laundry package (for the whole cruise) include pressing? I got it on our last cruise and I thought it didn’t. But now when I think about it, everything that came back on hangers looked so great, they must have been pressed. I should have known, LOL.

Everything that is washed that needs pressing is nicely done.  No worries there at all 🙂 

As to pressing, Moriah has confirmed a couple of posts above that it does.  We are 5* so get the unlimited free and ours includes pressing if that helps.

• Like 1

Don't forget to send a message of thanks to the laundry workers - it makes their day - they generally just get complaints. One cruise last year the head of housekeeping knocked at our cabin door to say thank you for my message. This year one of the front office rang to say that she had passed the message on and that the workers "are going to love getting this message!" 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, colbe said:

Don't forget to send a message of thanks to the laundry workers - it makes their day - they generally just get complaints. One cruise last year the head of housekeeping knocked at our cabin door to say thank you for my message. This year one of the front office rang to say that she had passed the message on and that the workers "are going to love getting this message!" 😀

Could you please tell me how to do this? We were so impressed with our laundry on the last cruise and had no idea how to pass on the kudos except in the survey.

If you have your computer onboard, go to the HAL Navigator and find the leave a message page. Or you can use the card that is left in the folder on your bed each evening, or you can go to the front desk and ask for a comments card. I always look for positive things to say about the crew to try and balance out the stream of petty complaints that they are subjected to from some passengers.

22 minutes ago, flyrobinfly said:

Could you please tell me how to do this? We were so impressed with our laundry on the last cruise and had no idea how to pass on the kudos except in the survey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colbe said:

If you have your computer onboard, go to the HAL Navigator and find the leave a message page. Or you can use the card that is left in the folder on your bed each evening, or you can go to the front desk and ask for a comments card. I always look for positive things to say about the crew to try and balance out the stream of petty complaints that they are subjected to from some passengers

I LOVE hearing that people are sending praise to the hard-working crew who don't see us and interact with us.  I always stop to thank the guys polishing the stair banisters and all the million other things they are constantly cleaning and polishing and they are sincerely appreciative that I didn't just walk by.  I've written notes of appreciation right on the laundry order slip, but I like your idea of the message on Navigator (you don't need a computer, BTW, phone works too) or a "formal" message card - I think I'll do that next time.  Thanks for posting this reminder.  You are right that all they usually get are complaints which is sad.

Sending an appreciative note....what a great idea.  I do fill out the comment cards a few times on each voyage and almost always with positive comments about a crew member or division.  I know that when I was teaching those nice notes from parents meant so much to me.  I like the idea of paying forward and making someone else's day.  I never thought about the laundry but I will do that on my upcoming cruise.  

• Like 2

That is such a wonderful thing to do!!  Thank you for sharing it with us so now hopefully more people will thank the hard working laundry crew  ( and other behind the scenes crew ).  I know I plan to do that now! I feel bad that I haven't done it in the past!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, colbe said:

If you have your computer onboard, go to the HAL Navigator and find the leave a message page. Or you can use the card that is left in the folder on your bed each evening, or you can go to the front desk and ask for a comments card. I always look for positive things to say about the crew to try and balance out the stream of petty complaints that they are subjected to from some passengers.

Thank you so much, Colbe! We're fairly new to cruising so are still figuring things out. We thank our stewards, waiters and other crew members we see in person, but it's nice to know there are options for those behind the scenes such as the laundry workers.

Grateful for the reminder of thanks to those who do our laundry and the others on the ship who make our trip so enjoyable. Little things, like saying thank you, make life so much nicer. I appreciate all the positive info shared. Thank you.

I'll have to start using the "leave a message page" from now on.  My current way of saying Thank You to both the great folks that do the laundry but also those that deal with the Breakfast Room Service cards is to write a very brief note on those forms thanking them, wishing them a wonderful day and including a 😊.